Xiaomi Yi Sports Camera - Custom Firmware (Base 1.0.7) - Bitrate Increased to 30Mbps all modes

Sup. Sharing my custom firmware here (some asked to re-upload here :D).

VBR - Variable Bitrate
CBR - Constant Bitrate
ABR - Average Bitrate

firmware_1.0.9_30mbps_VBR.bin.7z
firmware_1.0.9_30mbps_CBR.bin.7z
firmware_1.0.9_30mbps_ABR.bin.7z

First, thank @dezmen3 for sharing your ref. firmware in VBR/CBR/ABR mode !!!

After open these firmwares (not yet tested in Yi Cam), I get a conclusion that bitrate mode is base on the "Type" in the bitrate editor:
Type=1: CBR / Type=2: ABR / Type=3: VBR
VBR-CBR-ABR.png

So according to the "Bitrate Editor", I'd like to ask, what's the meaning of "Range[min]" & "Range[max]"
Could anyone explain these?

With great thanks in advanced !

in the editor I'm not sure but in the firmware there are provision for VBR to allow min and max values around a centered average value

Thank you luckylz, but could you explain it a little bit more for newbies like me? Where I can found the editor, where are the data to modify and how to compile the firmware in a safe way?

thank you very much for the time you will spend for us

Last edited by a moderator:
here you go *deleted*

modded 1.0.9. firmware with 30Mbps VBR for all modes (except 240 FPS I guess). I made it with the help of revend's youtube guide. It was really easy :)

Last edited:
here you go https://mega.co.nz/#!TcVQjJaa!ogjyWGevFPoooOLGQ_BNqo-JO8I-qTbyTs30gp9cnp4

modded 1.0.9. firmware with 30Mbps VBR for all modes (except 240 FPS I guess). I made it with the help of revend's youtube guide. It was really easy :)

Man do not do this! Because modes list have mods for preview and when you control camera from mobile app traffic on Wi-Fi is 30Mbps...... Check this. Connect camera to PC and send 2 commands from telnet app to port 7878
{"msg_id":257,"token":0,"param":0}
{"msg_id":259,"token":1,"param":"none_force"}
and play stream from camera by vlc app
rtsp://192.168.42.1:554/live

okay, thanks you for mentioning Evgeniy. I didn't know that.

I made this another one with 40/30/20 Mbps steps in 1080p 60/50/30 FPS and 720p 100/120 FPS modes. So thank you luckylz for your research! :)

https://mega.co.nz/#!rFdASTAR!TRok-bzTOOa_3qFZ23fzZsSfuV_HhL2BWo-VqqlwZIU

If my sd card can manage 320 Mbps (SanDisk MicroSDXC 64GB Extreme UHS-I (U3)), then I should be fine :-D

Hi, @Evgeniy ! You're awesome !

According to my own test, Line No.18~20 should be 1080 30p(NTSC), but your test is Line No.15~17. Am I modified the firmware with something wrong ?

1080 25p/30p absolutely precisely is on the lines 15-17. The test passed in two stages and errors excluded.

1080 25p/30p absolutely precisely is on the lines 15-17. The test passed in two stages and errors excluded.

Hi, @Evgeniy !
Thanks for your information, then I realize PAL/NTSC share the same bitrate location some how.

I re-made according to the stock firmware, change line 15/18 bitrate to 35Mbps, the test result as the following:
(P.S. - My point is not to argue who's right or wrong, but to figure out the correct location of the bitrate mode.)

Line 15 didn't change the 1080 25/30p bitrate
line15-bitrate.png
Line 18 did change the 1080 25/30p bitrate
line18-bitrate.png

Hm.... I am check this and you are right... F... insomnia... Thanks!

I fix firmware and update post with them

Last edited:
guys, anyone else has an issue with cutting video files with 40 Mbps bitrate? Maybe it's too much... I guess it is caused by immidiate change in variable bitrate during taking a video. I mean like if you recording outdoor and indoor enviroment within the same video

Hi, thanks for your effort, you're going to put the firmware 1.0.9 with the database?

Back