Continuous Recording - C3

parklawn

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
DR32. Innovv C2, C3 A118C
I set up the C3 on continuous recording expecting that I would end up with 1 recorded file, but that's not what I got, so I don't know if this is an anomaly.

The camera ran for 5.3 hrs. until the 32GB microSD was full. What I ended up with was 7 clips of exactly 43.47 minutes (the last one being 11.24 mins)

Other that the multiple clips, the recording was fine. The other camera I have, the C2, records in one continuous file. Is this of any significance?

what size card did you have in the C2 when it recorded as a continuous file, FAT32 file size limitations suggest it shouldn't be possible to fill a card with one file

I had a 32GB card in the C2 but now that I think about it, the event that I recorded lasted 90 minutes, and then I switched it off. I must have assumed that it would have continued recording if I hadn't switched it off. I apologise if I misled.

Problem solved. I googled file sizes and learned that the maximum file size was 4GB. The 7 files that I mentioned earlier were each 3.99GB. My mistake.

Back