Attachments

• 2 Cam Size Comparison.jpg
    2 Cam Size Comparison.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Whats in the Box.jpg
    Whats in the Box.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
the side by side section here is really about video comparisons, cameras come in all shapes and sizes, not really news is it ;)

OH your right... i see the small print now about video comparisons. whooops
however... FORUM POST TITLE SAYS "SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON" see the photo

illustrates, side by side. //Your Right about the " All Shapes and Sizes " and your Right About its Not Really News is it.

WHAT IS NEWS IS THIS IS THE WORLDS SMALLEST DUAL CAM SET UP AVAILABLE 1080P front and back without suction cups.
98% folks here on dashcam talk never heard of it.

posting the same stuff over and over isn't going to convince anyone, show them some sample video, some real world examples of the product in action, install photos etc

"posting the same stuff over and over isn't going to convince anyone."

YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ON THAT ONE!

1st off I Dont Have to Convince anything to anyone. You Do!
i am satisfied with my K1S Video and Performance

You Guys Like Your Big Ugly Suctions Cups
Keep Using Them

Last edited:
WHAT IS NEWS IS THIS IS THE WORLDS SMALLEST DUAL CAM SET UP AVAILABLE 1080P front and back without suction cups.
98% folks here on dashcam talk never heard of it.

I agree the form factor for this dual-cam unit is a winner. However personally I still think K1s needs to improve on:
- video quality (especially night video)
- fix the super-soft audio issue
- improve on quality control i.e. the connector for front dash cam as a number of owners experiencing loss of power and rebooting. Some claims the problem arises due to using microSD cards larger than 32Gb, but the cause is still not confirmed.

it has potential and could do with some improvement, their next generation will likely improve on some of this I guess, the previous version was much worse

comparing it to other cameras based on big suction cup mounts is rather pointless, apples and oranges, suction cups have their disadvantages, they also have their advantages as well though, eg you want something to move car to car, rental vehicle etc, they're great for that, for something permanently installed though of course there are much better options, there's no one perfect solution for all needs

"comparing it to other cameras based on big suction cup mounts is rather pointless" something about apples and oranges as a reason

REALLY?.... YOU THINK SO? .... POINTLESS? ....
your again absolutely right again!
the pointless part

" there's no one perfect solution for all needs"
FOR ME there is.... AND THAT IS THE K1S 2 cam dual lens recording system
i have flawless recording, that is just fine. i like the low sound recording, not so loud when viewing the video on computer.

If You Like Your Big Suction Cup Front Dash Cam Unit and its Perfect For You,.... i am happy you found what you need.
Looks Great Folks, wires strung around the dash because dvr on windshield has many wires connected to it, Subjected to Sun and Heat!
DVR IN GLOVE BOX AND I DON'T SEE ANY WIRES. protected, secure from theft, the sun & heat
p.s. I am in a Mercedes not a Rental

I don't have a suction cup stuck to my window, nor do I have wires everywhere, you seem confused about that

if you're happy with what you have then that's great, doesn't make it right for everyone, there is no one size fits all regardless of where it's from or what size and shape it might be or how much it costs

? / SG
I never said you had a suction cup on your window or wires showing on your installed unit. i speak generally to all those who use suctions cup mounts.... because
YES SIR I HAVE SEEN PLENTY OF DASHCAM INSTALLS HERE with Crazy Looking setups
not sure what you got in your car.
willing to show your stealth cam set up?
and if its not Front and Back Recording
DONT BOTHER!

Last edited:
stick it!
where it counts

Attachments

• Chip Set  Lens.jpg
    Chip Set Lens.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 13
Website is " DASHCAMTALK.com" not " lets get angry and defensive.com"

To be fair whatever Jokiin is running in his car will make the K1S look like something Fisher Price would produce and it's probably running image sensors we haven't even heard of yet!

and this section is for side by side video comparisons and has seems to have been derailed into something else totally

To be fair whatever Jokiin is running in his car will make the K1S look like something Fisher Price would produce and it's probably running image sensors we haven't even heard of yet!

what's in my car doesn't much matter as it changes all the time, there's people here that can only afford (or justify) a G1W or whatever, I don't think it's necessary to belittle them just because their choice doesn't meet someone else's idea of what makes a good camera, this is not some sort of competition

VIDEO COMPARISONS COMING SOON....... 1080p dual video front and back
there is no derailments.

K1S USERS WILL REPORT HERE SOMEDAY THE INSTALLS AND VIDEO YOU REQUEST
==================================================================
there has been No Belittlements of what others got, only talking about avoiding suctions cups and wires as a option with a new model out.
YOU GOT IT WRONG REVEREND. i seen your youtube channel and Videos.
We Are Discussing front and back recording & not seeing the Cams and Wires.

Eric I have no idea what I've supposedly got wrong mate but I do know I've already got front and back recording so I'm more than happy with what I have ;)

Eric I have no idea what I've supposedly got wrong mate but I do know I've already got front and back recording so I'm more than happy with what I have ;)
Hehe guessing from your collection, you probably have installed 10 front-facing cams, 5 rear-facing cams and 2 side-facing cams each side (may be even one facing upward too for UFO spotting) :p

Seriously, what is your setup at the moment if you don't mind me asking?

Hey I don't run as many cameras as @niko ;)

At the moment I have the Panorama X2 and Lukas LK7950 covering front and rear and the Street Guardian SG9665GC in the front spinning away happily (well apart from the Lukas which has an issue writing video data to one card)

Then in the folks car I have the Panorama G / Street Guardian version with the IMX322 hard wired in doing constant parking mode and thinking a Mobius A for the rear but haven't fitted the Mobius yet.

The G was on a suction cup when it was delivered but it's swapped onto a 3M mount now and it's not skipped a beat.

I've got to do some more testing on the GT880S but I'm working away at the moment so don't get a lot of time to look at all the cameras.

At some point I'd say we'll see an all remote IMX322 camera - the technology is there as you can see with all the remote IMX322 cameras but just waiting on someone doing the secret sauce and making it a reality.

I've got to admit I do personally like having the control unit on display somewhere you can see It as it gives you confidence the thing is working - I've seen way too many cameras just stop for unknown reasons now. Even if it's just little flashing LEDs on the inside at least you know when it's working and vice versa.

I honestly don't know what the next big sensor will be - the IMX322 is best at night for me with xenon headlights though as all the Aptina and OmniVision sensors are totally overpowered by my headlights.

Everyone has different needs and it will be interesting to see what comes out over the next 12 months!

I've been running a mixture of cameras for a year now and so far no issues with anyone wanting to punch them but it all depends where you are - some areas wouldn't be so lucky!

On the flip side you see an instant difference when you get a road eager who sees your camera - it's always quite amusing seeing the reactions!

I've got to admit I do personally like having the control unit on display somewhere you can see It as it gives you confidence the thing is working - I've seen way too many cameras just stop for unknown reasons now. Even if it's just little flashing LEDs on the inside at least you know when it's working and vice versa.

What makes you think this is proof that the memory card is actually storing viewable video clips?

Back