G5WA Dual Lens Dash Camera 1080P with Both 170 Wide Angle

GearBest

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dome is going to sell the G5WA Dual Lens Dash Camera, which is in still development and nearing completion as the mini series new product do. 1080P with 170 Wide Angle(for both Front and Rear lens). Now let's get to know some features from their official web.
As the date of complete production is still unknown, we are opening this to pre-orders for this moment.

Description:
G5WA Dual 1080P Cameras with Both 170 Wide Angle

Features:

1. 360-degree collision warning system,no dead shoot.
2. Dual 1080P Car DVR: Front 1080P,Rear 1080P. High resolution camera can meet in a variety of occasions for high resolution video and photo.Dual Lens Dash Camera With 360 Anticollision
3. Both 170 Wide Angle :Both 170 wide angle,ultra-wide-angle lens.
4. More cool features support :
FMWS: Front Moving Warning System support
SCWS: Side Collision Warning System support
HMWS: Headway Monitoring Warning System support
ADAS: Advanced Driver Assitance Systems support
LDWS: Lane Departure Warning System support
5. support 64G memory cards
6. support loop recording,G-sensor,motion detection,GPS
7. 3.0 inch screen.

What do you guys think about this dashcam?

The good news is that we will get about 3 Dome G5WA dashcam in about a week later, and would like to send it out for testing. So the question is what you think about this camera? Who do you recommend to test the dashcam?

I'm looking to buy one of your dual lens dash cams and I'd like to know estimated availability date. And could you, please, specify it's CMOS and processor? Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm looking to buy one of your dual lens dash cams and I'd like to know estimated availability date. And could you, please, specify it's CMOS and processor? Thanks.
Hi clickvk, the availability date will be about the end of this month:)
Chipset : Ambarella A7LA70
Video Resolution : 720P (1280 x 720), 1080P (1920 x 1080)

Spytec in New York has mini 0806 same price as yours if your code still works, no tax & free shipping, almost same or better return policy than yours - at least return within same country (U.S.) is better than overseas, so what is the advantage of ordering this item from you? only $9 discount with coupon if it still valid, plus $9 discount doesn't make up enough for your relatively less return period, pay extra return charge with higher risk of lost, extra shipping time, communication issue ( I talked to your rep. on phone & didn't receive that quick & good post service as I thought )....................... etc,

Unless your discount is much higher to compensate for the risk.......................

I posted this under conversation with Gearbest, but no reply so far for more than 12 hrs, don't know how to PM

Dome is going to sell the G5WA Dual Lens Dash Camera, which is in still development and nearing completion as the mini series new product do. 1080P with 170 Wide Angle(for both Front and Rear lens). Now let's get to know some features from their official web.
As the date of complete production is still unknown, we are opening this to pre-orders for this moment.

Description:
G5WA Dual 1080P Cameras with Both 170 Wide Angle

Features:

1. 360-degree collision warning system,no dead shoot.
2. Dual 1080P Car DVR: Front 1080P,Rear 1080P. High resolution camera can meet in a variety of occasions for high resolution video and photo.Dual Lens Dash Camera With 360 Anticollision
3. Both 170 Wide Angle :Both 170 wide angle,ultra-wide-angle lens.
4. More cool features support :
FMWS: Front Moving Warning System support
SCWS: Side Collision Warning System support
HMWS: Headway Monitoring Warning System support
ADAS: Advanced Driver Assitance Systems support
LDWS: Lane Departure Warning System support
5. support 64G memory cards
6. support loop recording,G-sensor,motion detection,GPS
7. 3.0 inch screen.

What do you guys think about this dashcam?

The good news is that we will get about 3 Dome G5WA dashcam in about a week later, and would like to send it out for testing. So the question is what you think about this camera? Who do you recommend to test the dashcam?
Looks good.
If 720p is done right, it can be enough for the rear.
It's nice to see dual channel using ambarella chip and should be better than what I've seen in a Chinese dual cam.
The market is growing for multi channel dashcams.

Spytec in New York has mini 0806 same price as yours if your code still works, no tax & free shipping, almost same or better return policy than yours - at least return within same country (U.S.) is better than overseas, so what is the advantage of ordering this item from you? only $9 discount with coupon if it still valid, plus $9 discount doesn't make up enough for your relatively less return period, pay extra return charge with higher risk of lost, extra shipping time, communication issue ( I talked to your rep. on phone & didn't receive that quick & good post service as I thought )....................... etc,

Unless your discount is much higher to compensate for the risk.......................

I posted this under conversation with Gearbest, but no reply so far for more than 12 hrs, don't know how to PM

Hi Lilac,

I am so sorry for late reply.

As i am on the weekend for two days ago.

This price we can not change by our self. As the supplier can not allow us to do that.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards.

I would love to know if it has the license plate recognition (I know this manufacturer also advertise a dif. model with this technology), what kind of lens it using, how detail is both day & night videos.

Most importantly, how its night videos compared with mini 0806, I mean how bright is the background under no or low light?

I have a Dome GS90-7c purchased from Gearbest, also made by this same company, the background is dark, a member just pointed out that the new firmware unfortunately makes the night background even darker. Plus, the provided viewer disk never works that I need to use registarview instead.

I am no sure if Dome could correct such issues on this model, night vision quality is very important as we all drive day & night, very few dashcams in the market able to achieve the expectation, well, it doesn't need to be expensive, like cheap as G1W, or higher mini 0805, mini 0806 (better night quality) or even more expensive as Paranoma etc.

Dome should really add exposure control on all their models.

edr-auto.fr, could you, please, shoot and upload some night video?

Mine has arrived today too thank-you @GearBest so I'll get it installed over the weekend and then get footage up on here.

It's a custom cable for the rear camera which has extra long connectors for stability which is good, the rear mount appears to have various options and should get close to the glass but we'll see how it goes in my car - it's certainly a new mount that I've not seen before and also has two holes for I guess screw mounting into the rear shelf or roof lining (the rear camera can be rotated through 360 degrees to allow for multiple mounting options).

Mine has arrived today too thank-you @GearBest so I'll get it installed over the weekend and then get footage up on here.

It's a custom cable for the rear camera which has extra long connectors for stability which is good, the rear mount appears to have various options and should get close to the glass but we'll see how it goes in my car - it's certainly a new mount that I've not seen before and also has two holes for I guess screw mounting into the rear shelf or roof lining (the rear camera can be rotated through 360 degrees to allow for multiple mounting options).
Looks like we are in sync. I got one yesterday. ;)

What's the initial verdict mate?

What's the initial verdict mate?
Haven't mounted yet.
Rear cam mount looks different so need to check how it mounts on the window.

@domekaka - are there any plans to allow the front LEDs to be turned off via firmware please as the backlight setting doesn't seem to be for these LEDs:

IMG_0529.JPG

Back