Vicovation Vico-Power plus

Chris Hunt

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
VIOFO..DOD..
Just spotted this on the Vicovation homepage. It literally appeared yesterday. Looks like they have released it to support their new Smart Parking Mode firmware upgrades for the newer Marcus range 2, 4 and 5. But based on the specs it looks like it has a lot of other useful features as well. And if compatible with other dashcams as they say it could be one of the better power management packs out there. I have asked for more information from Vicovation but are yet to here back from them. Link to official webpage .

http://www.vicovation.com/product.asp?IDno=55&lang=eng

JNQ_T8BGYYiisJDndFRA88Er4f931cO9KZZKWYHQsZnkdjvDQBqFmowrEn8Bv3wIncscSA=s152

Price ? Price? If it s around lukas 290 I might get one , if not I will wait till lukas unit dies or I get another car.

Imagine that I have a 3
Nice find though thanks for posting.
Marcus 3 Firmware upgrade V3.4G supports Smart Parking Mode so Vico Power-plus should support Marcus 3 as well.

Price ? Price? If it s around lukas 290 I might get one , if not I will wait till lukas unit dies or I get another car.
Hi Kite,
Vicovation just announced costs. Should be around US 70, Dollars depending on what your local sellers want to retail it for. They won't be shipping first batch units globally until end of June though despite some sellers already offering it for sale.

Anyone using this unit? No reviews online yet.

We delivered 3 to Aussie owners this week...one with mini 0806...one with DODLS460W....and one with Marcus 4....I will ask them for feedback and or to post on here for a start.....

I have just installed a Vico Power Plus in my XR5, and I am impressed. Simple to install, straightforward display and settings, and not too big. I coupled it up with my Blackvue DR650GW 1CH and cannot be happier. I have attached a couple of install pics of it and if you want to ask any questions about it, just ask.

FullSizeRender_zpspwd8ynly.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsxbpuhb8h.jpg

Is this really easy to fit?

I would have no idea where to even start - I can just about manage to plug my dashcam into the lighter socket!

Having said that I can fit electric extensions etc., but have zero (or less than zero) knowledge of cars.

Is this really easy to fit?

I would have no idea where to even start - I can just about manage to plug my dashcam into the lighter socket!

Having said that I can fit electric extensions etc., but have zero (or less than zero) knowledge of cars.

Really thorough User manual which includes good installation guide located here for reference.
But based on your admission of zero knowledge, maybe an auto electrician would be the safest way to go

http://www.dashcamscentral.com.au/w...Vicovation-Power-Plus-User-Manual-English.pdf

It depends on your car as how to install. Mine had a fuse box under the glove box so I used 2 piggy back fuse adapters. I then lifted the scuff plate on the passenger side to find a body earth. The main issue you may have is finding a location to place the unit and how to route it there. I had to take off some trim to feed up through the gearbox tunnel and out the where the gear stick is. It is not a simple job, but it is quite a logical job. 2 electric feeds, one earth and a cigar end to plug the cam into.

I've got a Vico battery protect and been very impressed. Unfortunately, I had to install mine in the boot where the fuse box is but to be honest once it's setup I don't need to touch it and only takes about 10 seconds to slide back my boot tray a little to access it. The menu system is so much better than using jumpers and the ranges for voltages, timers etc are greater to allow more flexibility. The cables are 1.8m which is good also. Decent manual which explains everything in both a separate English and Chinese section.

It's also running two SG9665GC cams with no problems.

Last edited:
I have just installed a Vico Power Plus in my XR5, and I am impressed. Simple to install, straightforward display and settings, and not too big. I coupled it up with my Blackvue DR650GW 1CH and cannot be happier. I have attached a couple of install pics of it and if you want to ask any questions about it, just ask.

FullSizeRender_zpspwd8ynly.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsxbpuhb8h.jpg
Just curious, where did you get the cable clips from?

Those clips were the ones supplied with my Blackvue camera to tidy the cable to the windscreen.

Go to Amazon and search for 3m Adhesive car cable clips and they are cheap. 25 clips for $4.

Back