FOXOFFER **ANOTHER UNHAPPY BUYER**

Ryan

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, I should have heeded the warnings about this company. I previously had a DOD LS300w but sold my vehicle and the buyer wanted the camera as well.

I thought I would try going for something slightly less expensive such as the VF300 from foxoffer. I had seen a lot of complaints about them, mainly from anyone who had a problem with their camera. I somehow thought I would be immune to having camera issues and purchased through them anyway.

BIG MISTAKE.

1) The camera doesn't ship out until nearly a week and a half after purchase. I was kind of hoping to see it ship out a bit quicker, seeing it needs to take a ride across the ocean as it is. Ok, not a big deal.

2) The camera description clearly states this model supports plate stamp like my DOD. Camera finally arrives after 5 or so weeks, no plate stamp. A bit annoyed, but at least I have a dashcam back in my car.

3) I get the dashcam installed and on the second day of use, my wife who was driving said the camera starts to flicker and shuts off. I look at it and can't get it to power back up. I tried a different 12v socket, a different power cord with 5v dc output, nothing. It's basically just a hunk of plastic.

THE KICKER, about 10 minutes ago I had a t-bone accident happy directly in front of my car. Absolutely unreal how I missed recording that because of this crappy broken camera.

I've tried emailing and foxoffer wants ME to pay to ship it back for repair. It's basically DOA. I explained I'm not paying a cent and want a refund on my purchase. I would ship it back to them at their expense for a refund, or provide photo / video evidence that the camera has been destroyed so that they don't think I'm just trying to scam them. Plus, I'm not waiting 5 months for the camera to be returned to me. I've burned 2+months and need a camera now.

It's been a week with 2 emails, and they have yet to get back to me. The funny part is the representative on this website has told other members who've experienced problems in the past that they're working on bettering their customer service. It looks like they aren't changing a damn thing. Maybe even regressing.

I would personally avoid this company at all costs. I'm out $80.00 and missed a chance to use my recording to help the not at fault party in the accident that just occurred.

Last edited:
Sorry for your video loss.

That's the gamble people take unfortunately when importing a deal direct from China over seas. The international return process is expensive.

Thanks. I certainly gambled and lost.

But, if FOXOFFER is truly wanting to better their customer service, this is a perfect opportunity to make amends with an unhappy customer and prove that they are working on their customer service.

I just placed an online order for a DOD LS360w from bestbuy. Lets hope for the best from FoxOffer.

Seems these guys are slipping up with service. As stated the return policy is standard for purchased products from China. It's really not worth the hassle and expenses to save a few dollars over retail in Canada or USA. They know 1yr warranty will never be used if it costs too much for returns.

It is true that it can be an expensive hassle to return an item to China but keep in mind that FoxOffer is not some fly-by-night company out to rip you off. For example, when you order a camera from them you will receive what they say it is and not some fake.

Also, keep in mind that the ongoing issues with quality control with many cameras coming out of China are as much of a hassle and expense for vendors as it is for customers. FoxOffer tests cameras before they ship them out but that doesn't mean that the item will be completely reliable once it gets to you. As others have pointed out this is the risk we take by ordering from Asia.

I'm sorry to hear that FoxOffer has recently been dropping the ball with service and customer support. I hope it's not permanent. In the past I've had a good experience with them even when there has been a problem. One time I ordered a camera from them that arrived with poor focus. They responded to my email about it within 24 hours and while they wouldn't pay for shipping to return the item they worked with me to try to resolve the problem and they offered me a nice discount on a future purchase which they honored months later after I reminded them of the offer. (In the meantime, I was able to refocus the camera and so everything worked out.)

Last edited:
Seeing that foxoffer wasn't a fly by night company actually put the false confidence to order from them, thinking that any issue would be resolved quickly.

They have ignored my emails for a week. They are putting zero effort into finding middle ground on this issue. They are not standing behind their product. That's what really bothers me....ignoring the problem just hoping it will go away.

They also falsely advertised the camera to have a feature it does not (plate stamp). I know it's a firmware thing, but that's not the point. Why should I be responsible for manually updating the firmware on a product that I purchased to come with it?

I fully expected to hear from them in a private message or in this thread. I'm hoping maybe the weekend is playing a role in not having my issue addressed on this forum by a company rep.

not suggesting it's the case here but a lot of sellers factor this in and do ridiculous pricing knowing it's the last they'll ever see of the product

I agree. If you make the return process expensive and time consuming, it will almost eliminate any warranty claims saving the company a ton of cash.

The flip side to that game is having unhappy customers continue to share their stories and more and more people heeding the warnings not to buy.

I'm still hoping for foxoffer management to contact me with a resolve. I'll happily share good experiences just as well as poor ones.

I bought four units by three manufacturers, two from foxoffer. While all have similar menus, all required patience.

I had a gps issue until I faced the receiver right. I asked foxoffer for a replacement during my stuggle, lost patience and bought a replacement a week before theirs arrived. Since I bought a reciver, I later bought the same model for another vehicle, but had to install even earlier firmware for them to work together.

This latest unit replaced my first dashcam purchased state side from a retailer with no customer service at 2x cost that never performed.

My third type was bought inadvertantly without gps due to a late night selection misfire. After foxoffer and I looked closely at my order, my oversight came to light. In lieu of a return, they offered a discount on my next unit. I tried this one rear facing, but the proximity to the integrated antenna creates radio interference. I'll keep it for rentals.

My purchases from foxoffer perform as expected with one hardwired in flawless service for the past 18 months.

I'm still digging the crow from between my teeth.

In view of the install and setup, moving forward I suggest spending fifty bucks more for a midlevel dashcam to get more from your time and effort.

This latest unit replaced my first dashcam purchased state side from a retailer with no customer service at 2x cost that never performed.

you kind of brace yourself with an offshore purchase knowing there can be difficulties but buying locally and still not getting service is worse than that I think

@Ryan, sorry for the problem, our support team reported this issue to me some day ago, I am surprised to know this VF300W does not have plate number setting option.
When we start to sell this camera last year, I am sure it support to set car license number.
So we sent new firmware to you for upgrade, but camera is dead after 3 days with new firmware.
We will send a latest firmware to you to see if it will work. If the problem can not be solved, we will refund to you and no necessary to ship it back.

@Dashmellow, we are not dropping the ball with service and customer support, you can find we don't list new products for a while, because we are making something good products.
I don't have trust for most of car camera, most of them are built with poor quality, so we will only sell good one in future.

@Dashmellow, we are not dropping the ball with service and customer support, you can find we don't list new products for a while, because we are making something good products.
I don't have trust for most of car camera, most of them are built with poor quality, so we will only sell good one in future.

Glad to hear that @billknow. Like I've said, I've been a customer of FoxOffer's before and had good experiences. I wouldn't hesitate to order from FoxOffer again.

Bill, I genuinely thank you for taking the time to reply. I was beginning to think that even management doesn't care about their customers.

Regarding the plate stamp, I am 1000% sure this option is not in the menu. I've used the dod ls300w for 2 years prior and the menus are nearly identical.

Either way, the biggest issue is not having a camera when I needed it due to it being defective. This was infuriating to say the least.

I thank you for working with me and doing it in a public forum where others can see the outcome. I truly believe it's not about the issues a company has, but how they resolve those issues that make them who they are.

Like mentioned earlier, I will send a picture of the camera destroyed so that you can rest assured I'm not trying to scam you in any way.

I just received a response from your support members saying that I would need to ship the camera back. I'm sure you can help clear this up.

Thank you and I'll update this thread accordingly once a refund has been applied.

Bill stuck to his word and has refunded me the money.

I wish to thank you for at least communicating with me to resolve this issue. Although this experience has been sour, the eventual resolve to the issue has kept me as a future customer and hopefully has shown others on this website that they are in fact taking customer service seriously. Thanks Bill. I hope to do business again, hopefully with a better outcome!

@Ryan I am glad you're issue was resolved.
I also have a faulty unit from FoxOffer and they asked me to ship it back to them, but the shipping costs back to China would be almost as much as a new unit, any further emails explaining this and requesting a refund have been continuously ignored. This has been going on since it stopped working in February - I would've hoped that an issue could be sorted out sooner, it's been 6+ months now.
I bought from FoxOffer after reading that they were a reliable seller on this forum, but now regretting buying from them.

where are you located and how much are you out of pocket?

I am in Melbourne, Australia.
I bought a A118/B40 DashCam via their eBay site for appx. $80
Australia Post won't ship it because it has an internal battery, any other company that would agree to ship it, charge at least $50 to send it back

I am in Melbourne, Australia.
I bought a A118/B40 DashCam via their eBay site for appx. $80
Australia Post won't ship it because it has an internal battery, any other company that would agree to ship it, charge at least $50 to send it back

yeah this is a problem when trying to get warranty and you find out you can't actually send things back, not realistically at least

if you want to buy locally and there's something of ours you're interested in let me know and I'll do something one off for you

yeah this is a problem when trying to get warranty and you find out you can't actually send things back, not realistically at least

if you want to buy locally and there's something of ours you're interested in let me know and I'll do something one off for you

I recently returned a watch to Amazon. It contained a tiny button battery. All done within the UK. This is the label I was required to attach to the package...

image.jpg

Imagine the hassle if I had to ship it overseas :(

locally you can avoid any of that by just shipping by road, that label shouldn't be used anyway, sounds like someone didn't know the processes, we have hazardous goods approval and have those labels but rarely have to use them anymore as we don't have anything with batteries in them

Back