Camera WiFi in Client mode - WORKING .ash SCRIPT inside

Exactly, when you toggle wifi off/on, camera switches back to its default AP mode.

Last edited:
Hey, I have problem. I can't connect camera using your last script - "Cannoct connect to the adresses specified". When I connect laptop to Xiaomi hotspot - it's allright. Maybe it's wrong IP adresses? I've tried looking for it, but there is no such things in my router options. Maybe it depends on type.

Depends on a router, thats why i allowed you to set static IP - just look at the end of sta.sh script - comment udhcpc line, uncomment ifconfig, modify the ip address for your needs (must be in the subnet of your network) and then the camera will always have that IP no matter what. (unless, ofc, you use alerady used one)

Ok, I feel like a retard right now but I can not get this to work. Please give me a hint of what I'm doing wrong.
I have enabled "Enable Wifi when camera is turned on".
When I start the camera the front led flashes a couple of times with the normal starup sound.
The camera produces a very short beep sound.
After a while the camera produces a longer beep sound. Approximately 1 second long.
The camera does not show up in my router settings.
Should the name of the network and the password of the network be within " " symbols or not?
Does the router channel matter? My router is set to channel 13.

name must be within quota marks.

funnel: and it boots up to client mode? REALLY? wow! (no, no sarcasm at all, i'm seriously surprised)

btw why don't you join us on IRC? :)

I tested with my home tplink router, Yi Cam can't link. My router uses AES PSK. But I search CCMP=AES. Don't know what's wrong.

Before time, I used android phone shared hot spot, works good.

many routers can do MAC filtering, didn't you set that?
did you use proper password?
preferred mode for ANY wifi network iw wpa2-psk @ AES

I don't know whether is my tf card's problem, or I modified the file in Mac OSX.
Today I tried in Windows, Yi Cam can connect to router.

I think there are many hidden files in Mac OSX made the wlan setting not working.

Last edited:
Can you zip the content of the card modified in Mac that doesn't work (without any photos) and send it to me?

I join the telnet & wifi station mode together, and shorten the sleep 30 to sleep 15:
Code:
sleep 5
lu_util exec telnetd -l/bin/sh
sleep 15
t pwm 1 enable
sleep .5
t pwm 1 disable
lu_util exec '/tmp/fuse_d/wifi/sta.sh'
t pwm 1 enable
sleep 1
t pwm 1 disable

There is easier way to enable telnet, just put empty enable_info_display.script file in the SD root.

sleep 30 was deliberate - to wait for regular wifi boot.

empty enable_info_display.script does not work for me.

then try enabling it via CC in expert menu :) (that does exactly the same) and works like a charm

I added a simple watchdog.sh script that will monitor camera's wifi & reconnect when needed. More info in first post.

Cheers Andy_S im no computer wiz but i managed to get C&C and wifi working with a minimum of fuss. How ever is there a way to switch back so i am still able to connect to the yi wifi through my phone?? or is it as stated just remove the files?

Lastly as i have no idea about coding etc when you refer to creating the static IP is this the line that needs to be edited?? . . .

#either static or dynamic IP (DHCP)

#ifconfig wlan0 192.168.0.153 netmask 255.255.255.0
udhcpc -i wlan0 -A 2 -b -t 30

Also i cant see any files when trying to transfer

Last edited:
switch back - with latest script either remove files from card (permanent) or pull out card before you turn cam on (temporary).

just uncomment ifconfig line, edit the IP and comment udhcpc (DHCP Client).

Hi @reverend when try to mount root as read & write in fw 1.2.0, I received this error msg:
Code:
/ # mount / -o rw,remount
mount: mounting ubi0:linux on / failed: Invalid argument
do you know what happen ? I tried before in the fw 1.1.0 with no error.

This cannot work, you cannot mount ubifs for write this way.
Well, you can, but it is not kept after reboot anyway, it acts sortof like "tmpfs" with preloaded content on init.
There IS a rw partition - /pref but since your only option to launch anything on boot is by autoexec.ash, you still need sd card.

Back