JooVuu X Camera

the approval process once you're talking cellular network capability is very cost prohibitive
Nope!
Also, hardware manufacturer dont need much of "approval" and beez-knees dealings, just offering easily tune-up module to be compatible with IE microSIM adaptor

Not just Korea (South), quite few countries in EU are using 4G at a very reasonable costs...
actual service transmission masts need ever so little upgrade, it is only an issue of money makers surcoming to demand and reasonable costs eventually.
But once again frequencies, security protocols, service providers- remind me of mobile networks (2G) start up, but on a way more messed up and cheaper scale ;)

Last edited:
Approval for Australian network access is around 15k, if you pass first go, more expensive if you fail and have to resubmit, USA I believe is dearer

Approval for Australian network access is around 15k, if you pass first go, more expensive if you fail and have to resubmit, USA I believe is dearer
Lets guess, "non approved" 4G phones from China are still being used?

Lets guess, "non approved" 4G phones from China are still being used?
You can bring one here yourself is no issue, if you want to sell here that's completely different, you can't make a business out of cheating the system and expect to survive very long

You can bring one here yourself is no issue, if you want to sell here that's completely different, you can't make a business out of cheating the system and expect to survive very long
Same is in UK, but it's not a sign of death(or problem) at all!
Once product gets appreciation money makers ask manufacturers for the cooperation...
Many Police forces are using absolutely "not approved" shoulder mounted cams :D :D

Hi,
As stated this is not something we are looking at doing yet. However, it is an idea we have mooted and because the EU is a single market this would be our target audience to begin with. However, this is not something we will be releasing imminently but will be in the future.

Kind regards,

Dan

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to give a quick update:
1) The App is almost finished. It's not hooked up completely to the camera yet as some of the APIs have not been given to us so we are now attempting to chase Ambarella.

2) We should be shipping the camera's to the beta testers now on the 8th July. The camera's will be ready on the 1st July however we will be sending them to an independent company who tests electronic products in order to make sure they are stable and durable

3) The beta testers will be announced on July 1st. We will email everyone and if people do not respond by July 4th your place will be given to someone else. This is to allow us enough time if anything happens.

4) Beta testing we hope will be intense. We've tested an alpha version of this camera so we are hoping the hardware should be okay and will not need too much changing/altering - however this could be wishful thinking.

5) I'll release more details about what beta testers will be doing exactly this Friday.

Kind regards,

Dan

PS
Just because 2 people have contacted us asking this: The camera's sticky out lens will be METAL that will be the same colour of the case. This is not final but for the beta testing it will more than likely be with a metal shell.

Hi everyone,
Quick update: Beta testers will be announced 20:00 GMT (British Summer Time) This Sunday (28th June).

Please sign up at www.x.joovuu.com if you are interested. We will be literally and randomly picking names (well email addresses) out of a hat. We'll be videoing it and uploading it as well.

Kind regards,

Dan

Ill polish my lucky boots for the event :D

I'm looking forward to this. I will be getting one anyway for my motorbike and random stuff but fair play for having beta testers! I'm interested to see where the price point will be.

I'm looking forward to this. I will be getting one anyway for my motorbike and random stuff but fair play for having beta testers! I'm interested to see where the price point will be.

It'll be price at £1,000,000,000,000,000,000. For that we will fly your car to the UK and install it for you.

But warranty past a year will be extra.

Kind regards,

Dan

PS
Obvs a joke, we'll be announcing prices around mid-July.

Ha, I'm already in the UK so may get a discount as I won't need my car flying over [emoji12]

It'll be price at £1,000,000,000,000,000,000. For that we will fly your car to the UK and install it for you.
That is about 5,000 times the total amount of money on Earth so I don't know how anyone will be able to afford it, the beta testers will be the lucky few to own one!

looks really good. has everything Im looking for in a dashcam and actioncam. I like the form factor, like a mobius with up to date specs. I just hope its not too expensive.

you should make sure it has decent battery life and video-out on the usb port so RC plane/quad people can use it too.

currently ways everything's going... big battery's easily replaced/ substituted with external batteries. as a dashCam battery (either ) phenomenal capacity or... almost useless...
what I am saying for the RC enthusiast to be insisting on everyone to pay for/ carry massive battery - not a priority ;)

looks really good. has everything Im looking for in a dashcam and actioncam. I like the form factor, like a mobius with up to date specs. I just hope its not too expensive.

you should make sure it has decent battery life and video-out on the usb port so RC plane/quad people can use it too.

currently ways everything's going... big battery's easily replaced/ substituted with external batteries. as a dashCam battery (either ) phenomenal capacity or... almost useless...
what I am saying for the RC enthusiast to be insisting on everyone to pay for/ carry massive battery - not a priority ;)

Hi @Evan55
This camera is primarily aimed at car camera users. As such it will be sold with a capacitor but we will sell batteries that can be installed. It has video out on the USB port and a micro HDMI port as well. We are not aiming to mimic Mobius and this is not a Mobius with updated specs, but rather this a camera we have designed after a lot of research. This is why we have designed our firmware, app, hardware, layout, etc from the ground up, and have made it in the way we want so we can easily expand functions etc. The only similarity our camera and the Mobius has is in the rough form factor but everything else is different. Mobius are appealing to a different crowd than us.

Our price will also reflect this. The price will be announced shortly. I can tell you this now it will be more expensive than the current Mobius. However, what we have planned it will be worth every penny. ;)

Cheers,

Dan

I can tell you this now it will be more expensive than the current Mobius. However, what we have planned it will be worth every penny. ;)

without even getting into development and tooling costs the hardware cost will be over double that of the Mobius, it all adds up

Back