Sound not recording

Lachiepower0402

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have just recieved my GT880S and I absolutly love it except that the sound is not being recorded. I have turned on the microphone option in the menu and when I play the video back on my computer and I just get hissing. I tried maxing out the sound and analysing the sound in vlc.

Any ideas?

It also appears as though the g-sensor readings are not being recorded to the video, but when I set parking guard on and shake the camera while it is off, it will turn on and record a 20 second video as it should. But when I tried to record a video with the g-sensor set to high and shook the camera around and then looked at it on the computer using the software, it did not show any readings for the g-sensor.

Could this be something to do with a certain setting or another problem?

G-Sensors can be used to trigger event files but the data is not necessarily logged to file, that's quite common

What should you say I do for the sound problem? I don't want to return it as I would like to use it.

Also what is the latest firmware for this dash cam?

Haven't heard of any updates being available

Your description of the mic problem suggests a hardware fault

I have some of my videos somewhere - not on YT for some reason but sound wise mine was ok but did have a chirping throughout which sounded like interference while it was writing data to microSD.

Would you say that it is due fauly hardware in your case?

Do you think it's worth pulling it apart to see if I can see any obvious problems?

I have some of my videos somewhere - not on YT for some reason but sound wise mine was ok but did have a chirping throughout which sounded like interference while it was writing data to microSD.

So I ended up pulling it apart and I found two very interesting things. First of all, their is a spot where two wires can be soldered to, possibly for a microphone, these are next to the speaker solder points and their is also a second 3.5mm jack on the board which is not being used and does not have a hole in the case for it. Any ideas anyone?

Photos are attached

IMG_20150926_101136 by Lachlan Fullagar, on Flickr

IMG_20150926_101155 by Lachlan Fullagar, on Flickr

Back