BlackVue DR650GW-1CH

I'm about 3 years close intensely interested in, tested, participated in the development of custom firmware with all, without exception, BlackVue models, now I have abandoned this brand . Support = 0, the price is not comparable to the quality of the video, the constant glitches (in recent years). Good luck to everyone to use.
I am so sorry you have taken this position. As someone who knows the ins and outs of the BlackVue software.. I wish you would reconsider at least until you come up with some way to use the WiFi function with a PC. Anything.. to eliminate having to use the provided micro chip to USB adapter. My laptop can connect to the DR650.. but that is all.. surely it must not be that hard make a program that will at least see the files on the camera to download them via WiFi.. Please..:)

Thank you.. but the page times out before I can connect / load??
And.. with a name and a bit of research.. there is a light on the horizon. Testing to follow!

And.. with a name and a bit of research.. there is a light on the horizon. Testing to follow!
So.. with this I can view live video.. But all my attempts at using FTP are failing. All the advice seems to come using older versions of the DVR. Is it still possible with the DR650 DVR? If so.. what FTP client works.. and what is the secret that I am overlooking???

I'm about 3 years close intensely interested in, tested, participated in the development of custom firmware with all, without exception, BlackVue models, now I have abandoned this brand . Support = 0, the price is not comparable to the quality of the video, the constant glitches (in recent years). Good luck to everyone to use.
@alexsoll , who makes best blackbox now? I will only buy blackbox camera YOU support. I love your work and only wish to have the best which is your custom firmware.

Also, what dashcam do you have in your car today?
ai7oz.png

Not sure if you experienced problems with the DR650GW-1CH, but from our results here it appears to be significantly more reliable than the 600GW.

Last edited:
Not sure if you experienced problems with the DR650GW-1CH, but from our results here it appears to be significantly more reliable than the 600GW.

Hi, I am wondering if you have any information regarding the video quality comparison between DR650-1CH and DR650-2CH during live view. It seems like 1CH quality is better, I mean far better. Please kindly advice why too. I had posted a thread earlier but so far no response.

Thank you

Hi, I am wondering if you have any information regarding the video quality comparison between DR650-1CH and DR650-2CH during live view. It seems like 1CH quality is better, I mean far better. Please kindly advice why too. I had posted a thread earlier but so far no response.

Thank you

During live view? When live view is on the picture quality is reduced and frames drops to 15 FPS. So it is not good to compare video from live view.

When live view is on the picture quality is reduced and frames drops to 15 FPS

I agree with you. The reason I ask is the comparison of live view footage between 1CH and 2CH of DR650 series, I notice have big difference. Let put in this way, since both of the Front Cam are identical as published, and both transmitting 15fps footage, why we have the different result by using the same model of smartphone (Samsung S6 Edge)?
With my personal point of view ( if you think it make sense) is it the live footage from 2CH will be lower quality due to the packets size? I am using the same ideology when there are more user to a access point, the bandwidth reduce and you get a slower transfer rate and this will reduce the live view quality. Make any sense?

Thanks

When live view is on the picture quality is reduced and frames drops to 15 FPS. So it is not good to compare video from live view.

Hi, with reference to the BlackVue App manual, page 9 sub-clause 6 reads as follows:-
"If the Live View or VOD playback & copy function is used while it is connected via Wifi and recording Full HD (1920x1080)@30fps, the recording frame is reduced to 20fps."
What does it really mean? My understanding and if it is wrong, please enlighten me. Doe that statement means when I use those function, the current on going recording footage frame rate will be reduce? So, when I use the Viewer, that particular footage quality will be vary compare to before and after?

I am still not able to get my answer or understanding why 1CH and 2Ch have differences. Confused......

That video is a cruel thing to show on this branch of the forum.. We feel bad enough with our choice already... :)
Form factor is the only thing we have left to cherish...

Back