G1WH with a -new- chipset @ estore009

messi

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I purchased my first G1WH at Ebay, estore009, and it is working fine for 6 weeks now.
Today I wanted to order a second one, again at estore009, so I clicked on the purchase history link in my Ebay. I almost ordered it but then I saw they updated the G1WH with a new chipset:

Model:G1WH
Chip: GPL Chipest, NOT Novatek 96650
Camera lens: Aptina AR0330

Anyone here familiair with this chipset? Who ordered a safe G1WH at another store recently? Then I can buy there.

Have you read the whole page? On the specifications it says Novatek 96650. :)
What I know it that no one on the internetz knows what a GPL Chipset is. The only GPL I know is the gas. :p

I have to say, though, that it's the first time someone recognizes this: "It comes with One Led light;Not this IR light,please note!"

Have you read the whole page? On the specifications it says Novatek 96650. :)
What I know it that no one on the internetz knows what a GPL Chipset is. The only GPL I know is the gas. :p

Have you read the whole page? They mention twice no Novatek96650.

It should be generaplus chipset, a cheaper chipset, which declared can compare with Ntk96650, but definitely not.

the sellers only look for what's cheaper, it's their whole business model
The main reason is the manufacture no longer produce the Ntk96650 version, so they seller have to sell this version.
Not just for G1WH, some other models from this manufacture also use this cheaper chipset now.

there are multiple sources for these, if they wanted to sell a better one they could, not their business model though so if the manufacturer has a cost down version it suits what they do anyway

Apparently it's sold as the G1WHT with the other chip in Poland. So far the clips I've found seem to have random jumps in the middle of the video for no reason. Very short ones, but noticeable to some degree. The quality seems to be on par, with the plates being a bit more readable than the novatek chips at night. It seems to have a very hard time with daylight though, most daytime videos have even more jumping in the video.

EDIT: Assuming it's that same chip, some highlights :

GeneralPlus GPCV2159 < Chip
17mbps bitrate
Timelapse feature, apparently.
Image flipping option, as seen on the DOD cams.
Supports 64gb (I'm not sure if the novatek g1wh supports that)

Got the info from here

Last edited:
Have you read the whole page? They mention twice no Novatek96650.
Yes I did but I wasn't counting. :)
Anyway, among all the publicity and selling "techniques" that go around in this adds, we shouldn't take anything for granted.

Last edited:
Apparently it's sold as the G1WHT with the other chip in Poland. So far the clips I've found seem to have random jumps in the middle of the video for no reason. Very short ones, but noticeable to some degree. The quality seems to be on par, with the plates being a bit more readable than the novatek chips at night. It seems to have a very hard time with daylight though, most daytime videos have even more jumping in the video.

EDIT: Assuming it's that same chip, some highlights :

GeneralPlus GPCV2159 < Chip
17mbps bitrate
Timelapse feature, apparently.
Image flipping option, as seen on the DOD cams.
Supports 64gb (I'm not sure if the novatek g1wh supports that)

Got the info from here
I didn't notice any jumps on the daytime video, both on Firefox and Chrome.
The picture is a bit too green for my taste, compared with the Novatek H, which seem to have more real colors.
The night time footage is a bit too dark (assuming the settings are the same on both cameras) compared with the Novatek H. I like this one better.

I was looking at this video

Maybe it's my brain, but I see a few dropped frames in there

Ok. Thank you all for reacting. I think I rapidly buy one with a Novatek chipset at another store.
Dashcamtalks links to Foxoffer, Banggood and Gearbest. Which of those is most reliable?

All have pretty good reputations. I have bought other items from BG and GB but not FO. In the US, BG seems to ship faster- that my not apply to you.

The general wisdom is that you should buy from someone more local to you who is a recommended seller in this site's seller reviews. Cost will be more but if you need service it will be worth having paid a little more. After-sales service from all the 'mega-stores' is awful or worse and goes slower than a sleeping tortoise.

Phil

After-sales service from all the 'mega-stores' is awful or worse and goes slower than a sleeping tortoise.

Phil

a lot used to try and drag things out past the 45 day buyer protection from PayPal, now that it's 180 days it has gotten harder for them

Hi,firend,
Yes,the main reason is the manufacture no longer produce the Ntk96650 version, so we starts to seller have to sell this Generaplus version.
And as to this Generaplus chip,you can get more detail from this offical website:
http://www.generalplus.com/product.php?prot_no=7&func=sh#!prettyPhoto
This G1WH model uses this GPCV2169A Chip,High-Performance Cost-Effective 1080p H.264 SoC solution;
Wish we explain it clear here!

Image2.jpg

Because I wanted to have the Novatek chip and not the new GPL chip, I ordered a G1WH at Banggood. It is sold as a Novatek.
I made a comparison. Upper image I bought from estore. I think that is the real Novatek. Date of below cam is the same as above. What do you guys think?

View attachment 17623

Because I wanted to have the Novatek chip, I ordered a G1WH at Banggood. It is sold as a Novatek. I made a comparison. Upper image I bought from estore. I think that is the real Novatek. Date of below cam is the same as above. What do you guys think?
If you ask me, unless the street lights are orange, the picture below is better and much more real.

If you ask me, unless the street lights are orange, the picture below is better and much more real.
True, but the upper image shows a lot more detail.

Back