K1S Microphone Control

Grumpy

Reaction score
Country
United States
What Menu option turns the Microphone on or off. Three days ago the mike has turned itself off and I cannot find any menu option that turns the mike either on or off.

What Menu option turns the Microphone on or off. Three days ago the mike has turned itself off and I cannot find any menu option that turns the mike either on or off.

There isn't a microphone option for the K1S which means your K1S is likely defective. Did you purchase from Spy Tec?

I did purchase from Spy Tec on August 10th via Amazon.
The mike mute icon and no sound in playback started a few days ago when I enabled "Motion Detection"
I'm going to do a Factory Reset and see if that fixes it.
Why is there a Microphone / Microphone Muted icon if thereis no option for switching on/off?

Sorry SpyTec but your wrong. When in display or recording mode pressing the "DOWN" button changes the microphone icon to either on or off. I was holding the unit to do a Factory Reset and my finger slipped onto the down key, that's how I found it.
Sound is not the greatest however when reording people talking within ten feet of my Spyder I can record the conversation.

Sorry SpyTec but your wrong. When in display or recording mode pressing the "DOWN" button changes the microphone icon to either on or off. I was holding the unit to do a Factory Reset and my finger slipped onto the down key, that's how I found it.
Sound is not the greatest however when reording people talking within ten feet of my Spyder I can record the conversation.
at least it was an easy fix and you don't have to deal with doing a return, or taking everything back out of the car and doing another install!

I'm sorry I gave you the wrong answer, but I'm happy your unit works!

at least it was an easy fix and you don't have to deal with doing a return, or taking everything back out of the car and doing another install!
Was not going to happen, I can live without the audio part. Since the system is on a Motorcycle it would be a relatively easy removal.

Back