Motorbike riders get 'dusted' by big truck

At least it wasn't intentional. After reading the title i expected the truck to swerve onto the shoulder and kick up dirt and rocks but that didn't happen.

Still sucks for the biker...

hehe just had a sort of simmilar situation here, and recorded on a smartphone as dashcam, sadly its only on FB so i have only read the story.

Car swipe scooter and knock it over, car then "run" from scene.

I rode in rural Georgia USA for the time I lived there and logging trucks were something to watch for. They got paid per load delivered so they flew with total disregard for all other vehicles. Bark chips, twigs, and brush flew off of them like snow in a blizzard at times. And then on US 50 in Utah I was passed by a big rig on what the construction signs called 'sanded oil' which was tar coated with small gravel and sand. Almost like being hit with a shotgun firing rapidly.

On a bike you'll learn fast, die fast, or stop riding fast- it's not for the timid!

Phil

:D Me too. Young, foolish, stupid even. Had an motorcycle accident, broke my left femur. Took me 4 months to be able to walk again.

Yes, motorbikes are an important form of transportation in SE Asia.
There's a dealer/showroom in the next village, 999 baht down, ($28???) and not sure how much per month, but many end up being repo-ed.
The local farmers and non-skilled workers make $100-200 a month.
A car is still only a dream for most people in SE Asia.
The older people tend to ride them more cautiously, I guess the urge to push the envelope when you are a kid is kind of universal, for boys.
:)
We were in a bigger city yesterday running errands, and I think the most people I saw on one motorbike was 5.
Motorbikes aren't really the problem, but mix them in with immature people driving cars, and very little traffic law enforcement, and it gets interesting.
Here in Thailand they do tend to drive the wrong way on the highway, or shoulder. It gets pretty interesting.

they must have already dropped a couple of the kids off :p

Possibly. That's the only vehicle of the family. And it's not a big bike. Probably below 175 cc.

Only up to 4 today, but only drove a few KM.

sometimes the small ones are sandwiched in between the bigger ones. You have to look for little legs dangling down.
asia6.jpg

Not making fun of them. They look happy. :)

9seater%2Bbike.jpg

sometimes the small ones are sandwiched in between the bigger ones. You have to look for little legs dangling down.
asia6.jpg

9seater%2Bbike.jpg
Saw a lot of this when I visited Progreso, Mexico a few years back as well.

asia6.jpg

9seater%2Bbike.jpg
I am not making fun of them either, but you have to admit the little one in the bucket is a different kind of car seat ;)

That rider in the first photo is very safe. He has not only a helmet, but 'passenger airbags'! :D

Back