Files splitting...

Vchau

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi folks,

I made a custom firmware for my Xiaomi Yi. I got 2 main problems. First, why my camera can only hold 2-3 of 35mbps and then split for a new file at 20mbps? Second, with my phone, I can start to record, but could not stop recording with the mod firmware. Thank you for your help to figure out!

All updates are made with full charged battery.

-Yi Z23L
- Custom firmware 1.2.13 from Fried ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO_QexYT9EAcVdRZy05OWt4alk/view?usp=sharing )
- Sandisk Ultra 64GB micro SDXC UHS-1
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Yi Camera App 2.0

i have microsd UHS3 and no problems with 35mbits...

try to format the card using app before you shooting.

Hi,

I got a new micro SD Lexar card and I'm able to record at 45 Mbps now! Thank you!

Hi,

I got a new micro SD Lexar card and I'm able to record at 45 Mbps now! Thank you!
...what resolution?
you have tested a longer time?
it could be good for 7 minutes (2GB) and than the second file has an lower bitrate and is smaller.
My microsd U3 95/90 also is able to record 45mbps but not stable!
What Lexar, write speed?
Make tests about a longer time, i think its not only a problem from microsd. It is also a problem with xiaomi yi hardware working with the big files.
Here in Forum are some users meant it is good now but after testing they went back to 35mbps and me too.
Testing about months 35mbps is the only stable bitrate setting in all resolutions with a very quick microsd from sandisk (see in my signature).
Otherwise for 50 megabits bitrate normally you need a writing speed from 6,25 megabytes (50:8)!

Last edited:
...ok tested today with 2304x1296 30 fps 45 mbps and it works fine with a video about 24 minutes long, splitting in 2GB files (5:30min)!
No filesplitting less than 2GB and every file with 45mbps.
Before the test i formatted microsd 32GB OV von gearbest (normally 95/90 they said) in fat32/32kilobytes :)

Back