Loop Mode?

Evan55

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ive searched around but I cant seem to find out definitively if the yi has a loop mode like other dashcams.
ie- record in small chunks and record over the oldest footage when the card is full so you can leave it recording.
I see it doesnt have auto start/stop which limits its usefulness as a dashcam, but if it had loop mode it could still be used for some things.

Take a look on the app settings or use the search before post... Xiaomi Yi has loop recording mode, you only need to open the app and search on settings section...

Auto start and auto stop can be done modifying the camera with wires... there are a "guide" here on this forum......

Take a look on the app settings or use the search before post...
Ive searched around
Its not clear in the wiki writeup OR any threads searching for loop mode. And nobody is going to install an app for a camera they havent bought yet.
If you're going to answer a question, leave out the snark.

but im glad that its cleared up now so people can find it via search

My intention it wasn't to be snarky with my answer, anyway, if you search on google "xiaomi yi loop recording", the first link is from this forum, and you can read on the first paragraph that yi has loop recording but autostart/stop has not implemented yet, and many more specifications...

Back