Using Andriod App to record at 4K on the 5000x elite

eldide

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi -

First post, so hi all.

I have just got the new 5000x elite which records at 4K and 2K. I have downloaded onto my phone the Andriod app SJCAMHD which works pretty well, apart from the the highest resolution you can set it too when recording is 1080p. The camera, when connected via WiFi automatically switches to 1080 from 4K. It will only then record in 1080p and below.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with this or other models that do more than 1080p? Are there any other apps out there that get round the problem. Or is it something I'm doing wrong?

I have tried contacting SJCAM with no luck so I thought I'd post it here.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Apart from that, it's an amazing gadget :)

Charles

...can you post some video with audio, because some people told the audio quality is very weak.
Can you tell something about audio and video quality?
lg gente

Hi -

I've attached a sample.... apologies for the odd looking bloke in it! It's repeated twice, the first time is the original, and second has had some audio effects added to it in Premiere. It'll give you an idea.

Bottomline - yes the audio is very poor - a common problem with these. To be honest I bought it as a action cam so all I will get is wind sounds anyway. But for an all purpose cam the audio is too quiet.

In setting the volume was set to 7 (out of 8)

Hope this helps.

Also in answer to my question : SJCam are currently updating the app at the moment. In the meantime there is another app called 2k HD Cam. It's the same UI really, but allows up to 2K recording remote.

Attachments

• SJCAM5000XSAMPLE.mp4.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
FinalCam is also a really good app for SJcam :)

Hi -

First post, so hi all.

I have just got the new 5000x elite which records at 4K and 2K. I have downloaded onto my phone the Andriod app SJCAMHD which works pretty well, apart from the the highest resolution you can set it too when recording is 1080p. The camera, when connected via WiFi automatically switches to 1080 from 4K. It will only then record in 1080p and below.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with this or other models that do more than 1080p? Are there any other apps out there that get round the problem. Or is it something I'm doing wrong?

I have tried contacting SJCAM with no luck so I thought I'd post it here.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Apart from that, it's an amazing gadget :)

Charles

Hello Charles,

Can you confirm the firmware version you are using?

Thx

Hello Charles,

It turns out that when connect to WiFi the Camera will record at 1080p @60pfs . You will need to turn Wifi off to record at a higher resolution.

Hope this helps

Ok, installed firmware (the card has to be FAT and NOT FATex). At the moment two issues have arisen :

1. Recording on a FATex (to remove the 2GB limitation), it records OK, but when you want to view them in the Camera it says there are no images available. This worked ok with version 1.0 of the firmware. If you put the card in a PC they are there?

2. The audio is still really awful. At the moment the audio recording is unusable.

Cheers,
Charles

Back