waqasahmed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I saw this:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/what-to-buy-sticky.10618/

But I do n't think it quite answers my questions

I currently have this dash cam:
"HD 4.3''Dual Lens Recorder Mirror Vehicle DVR Dash Cam Rear View Car Camera" (Bought on eBay from £60 a year or so ago and now it's £34.. :( )

Any how, I was also looking at the "K1S dual" camera system, and I noticed that a) There are two brands - Spy Tec and Kunlong, b) that the audio quality on these is beyond terrible BUT it's nice and discrete

I'd like to say my current one is pretty discrete too, but the quality isn't exactly great!

Guys, any advice please?

Thanks

Any how, I was also looking at the "K1S dual" camera system, and I noticed that a) There are two brands - Spy Tec and Kunlong,

same product

b) that the audio quality on these is beyond terrible BUT it's nice and discrete

they've said to have updated it recently and the audio is meant to be a bit better than previous, haven't seen any end user feedback as yet though as to how much better that might be, buying locally could be worthwhile though if the product doesn't measure up for you

Last edited:
I have one but not the updated version so can't comment on what improvements have been made, there were some issues in the previous generation product though

@petepete might be able to give you some feedback on some of the shortcomings as he's recently looked at a couple of failed ones and has mentioned some design flaws he noted in the tear down

They have solved the audio with a microphone built into the power cord in or near the plug that goes in the CIG 12v supply but I didn't pay much attention to that..

I mentioned the female camera connections are fragile and don't doubt many returns have stemmed from this.. Mentioned the old ov2 sensor but forgot to mention the horrible file system can 1 cam2 that that throws up the odd mixup in itself. I have a koonlung c75 and it is beautifully made and the buttons feel quality nice quality shiny display but k1s feels cheap at button level and display rather than the flagship it should be.
The box and packaging looks flagship !!

They have solved the audio with a microphone built into the power cord in or near the plug that goes in the CIG 12v supply but I didn't pay much attention to that..

I mentioned the female camera connections are fragile and don't doubt many returns have stemmed from this.. Mentioned the old ov2 sensor but forgot to mention the horrible file system can 1 cam2 that that throws up the odd mixup in itself. I have a koonlung c75 and it is beautifully made and the buttons feel quality nice quality shiny display but k1s feels cheap at button level and display rather than the flagship it should be.
The box and packaging looks flagship !!

Thanks. Tbh, Im not fussed about how flashy the box looks!Sorry, the ov2 sensor? What's wrong with the file system? Had a look at what you have, and that doesnt appear to be a dual dash cam set up?

Its called wit:rolleyes: sense of humour:D

I trashed the cameras quality and praised the box:D

I had one that was soon sold..

Its called wit:rolleyes: sense of humour:D

I trashed the cameras quality and praised the box:D

I had one that was soon sold..

Ah. You say that , but I've genuinely seen people rave on about how amazing the packaging is of a certain product and I'm like...OK

On YouTube, the quality looks decent, no? What'd you recommend otherwise then? Say for a dual set up?

That does seem to be a proud moment sometimes ;)

Not sure if sheriff again... Do you know of any alternatives that I can buy instead? That would satisfy the above criteria? TBf, the GPS data would help, but it's not mega needed. The whole point of me having a dash cam is so that I don't get in to the situation which I did in last year (It was classed as "both parties at fault" because it was a head on collision and I had no proof that they hit me when my vehicle was stationary :( )

That might be ok for the price and video performance quality you get if you don't mind not having pre-buffer motion detection and no GPS option.

K1S has some unstable long term firmware/hardware quirks so be prepared. The mic/audio is/was useless too. Check the Amazon 1,2 star reviews. We decided not to stock K1S after failed testing. If you get one to work, you're one of the lucky ones.

Last edited:
Not sure if sheriff again... Do you know of any alternatives that I can buy instead? That would satisfy the above criteria? TBf, the GPS data would help, but it's not mega needed. The whole point of me having a dash cam is so that I don't get in to the situation which I did in last year (It was classed as "both parties at fault" because it was a head on collision and I had no proof that they hit me when my vehicle was stationary :( )
And, if you purchase a Mobius it comes in a small white plain box. Probably because the box is not really that important, I guess..

And, if you purchase a Mobius it comes in a small white plain box. Probably because the box is not really that important, I guess..
Both of mine (from 2 different sellers on different dates) arrived in padded Jiffy bags with the camera sandwiched within 2 pieces of polystyrene foam. Not even a note to tell me where to find the User Manual or GUI online.

Very unimpressive from a marketing viewpoint, but I didn't care as I preferred that more of the price I paid had been spent on lens quality, etc.

Both of mine (from 2 different sellers on different dates) arrived in padded Jiffy bags with the camera sandwiched within 2 pieces of polystyrene foam. Not even a note to tell me where to find the User Manual or GUI online.

Very unimpressive from a marketing viewpoint, but I didn't care as I preferred that more of the price I paid had been spent on lens quality, etc.
We are of the same mind on that for sure.

Second that about purchasing a Mobius from the approved sellers list. Discrete, reliable and versatile camera.

Thanks regarding the above. I'll try and find an approved seller for both. Though my 12V battery is "always on" :( At any rate, how the packaging looks really doesn't bother me. Well in a way it does, because bland packaging = cheaper product, which tbh is what I want!
That might be ok for the price and video performance quality you get if you don't mind not having pre-buffer motion detection and no GPS option.

Yup, got that there's no GPS but if it performs better than the K1S, AND at a cheaper price then... Sorry, the "pre buffer motion detection" ?

Sorry, the "pre buffer motion detection" ?

Motion Detection works in 2 ways for parking mode while away from the car. (if hard wired for power)

1) Pause Resume Motion Detection (you miss things that happened leading up to the event from the activation lag)

2) Pre-Buffer motion detection (you capture 5-10 seconds of video right before the event trigger occurred so nothing is missed)

Back