Review: Mini 0826 from GearBest

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
@GearBest was kind enough to send me a Mini0826 to take a look at. As per my usual I like to take a video on the fly when I first open up the box, as such I might have gotten a few of the specs wrong, but I'll correct them in the short list below. I also didn't notice the picture on the side until after I finished filming and with the sticker on the box over top the front picture I mistook the picture for a Mini 0806.

Anyhow here we go now.

jAB4HVw.jpg

In the middle

Spec Shortlist

Hardware

Chipset: Ambarella A7LA50
CMOS: 3.2M pixel OV4689
Angle: 135 degree
Battery: Built In Lithium 330mAh
USB Plug: Micro
CPL Filter: Yes
GPS: Optional with mount
Internal Memory: GearBest version does not have internal memory.
Page listing says up to 64GB MicroSD card. I have been using a PNY 128GB card with no issues.

Firmware
Video Resolution: 1296P, 1080P, 720P
Screen Off: 1,3,5 Min and Button On/Off
Loop:1,3,5 Mins
WDR: Under Resolution Choices only on 1080P
Emergency Lock: Locks entire loop segment and keeps it in the same folder (Must Use RV)
Version: 20151201 v1.0 (Can use 1 or 2 card firmware)

File Properties
Audio Chanel: Stereo
Audio Codec: MP4A
Audio Bitrate: 128kbps
Video Codec: AVC1
Video Container: MOV
Video Bitrate: 15894kbps (Roughly 15Mb)
Size: 120 Mb (Per 1 min file)
GPS Format: movLogDVR

DCT Contact: @GearBest
Product Page: Here

Last edited:
Day Video
2560x1080 No HDR

Last edited:
Notes

Camera seemed to be rather stiff to rotate at first. Really had to give it some omph to get it set
Mount also seems to be very stiff. I tried to get it out and hard a hard time. Thankfully I dual lock taped it so I could just pull it off of the windscreen.

The unbranded stick mount pealed off the bracket nicely in one piece. I was a little worried it wouldn't it also left a clean back and I was able to apply Dual Lock without having toclean the mount of any left sticky residue.

The GPS seems to work. I had the GPS on, but the coordinates off.
The route would not play back in Registrator Viewer last night, but played back today.

Having a USB port in front and back is nice on the bracket.

Just updated with the two card firmware from the sticky and I still get a error when trying to record with no card so my version must not have any internal memory.

Last edited:
I want the camera dissembling :) Because Internal Memory empty :(

I want the camera dissembling
If I was able to do so I would for you, but I tend to break things when I open them up. I have mentioned to @GearBest about no internal memory. I'm sure they are looking into it.

Some more video for everyone

Parked up in a dark area for a moment No HDR (Mainly because it is a pain to change back and forth and I forget)

Last edited:
Hi, I'm thinking of buying my first dash cam but don't know whether to get the 0806 or the 0826, which one is best?
0806 appears to have 5mp sensor vs 3.2mp on 0826 but not sure if this matters. Any advice is much appreciated.

Back