SJ4000 Manual (PDF included)

Pavle

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
LONG STORY SHORT : if anyone needs step by step instructions on how to use SJ4000 (works with M10, SJ4000+ and even SJ5000)
dksaopdsakodsad[p.jpg

Short story long :

My recommendation for newbies has always been to take a camera that is not expensive and see if it works for them.

However people new to action cam and technology encounter issues from time to time.

With SJ4000 being quite popular action camera, it is a bit strange that nobody created a step by step manual clarifying each and every icon, symbol and function.

One of those "newbies" in action camera world, forum member here @TeriTerryTarry had struggles like everyone else.

He carefully put on a paper each and every question he had and tried to create a manual for SJ4000 by doing a research.

He got in touch with me, and I though it would be great idea to publish this manual both on web and PDF.

Once again, huge huge thanks to @TeriTerryTarry for his work. I am sure people struggling with SJ4000 and how to use it will find this guide of his extremely helpful.

If you have questions or ideas how to improve it, let me or @TeriTerryTarry know.

So all the work has been done by Teri, I just formatted it for the website and added photos.

We will continue to update the manual as new options /questions/ideas appear.

I would also like to thank @jokiin who told Teri to get in touch with me.

Community power!

PS

If you have the idea for a guide (especially ones suited for newbies, you can get in touch with me or post it here https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/action-cam-guides-for-newbies.15434/)

Last edited:
I thank Pavle for his preparation of the online guide at his website. He has certainly given me more credit than I'm due! Pavle was instrumental in helping me transform a messy, personal manual that perhaps I alone understood into a manual that could be published on his excellent website. He even wrote an entire section of the manual. I also have the members of Dash Cam Talk to thank. I've been asking quite a few questions and received lots of helpful replies. I also must thank AngryItalianMan, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-YGEwh0i_8rCXOIf7IHFTQ, publisher of a YouTube channel of the same name, for his patient replies to my relentless questions. As a newbie the response from everybody has been greatly appreciated. Thanks again to Pavle et al.

LONG STORY SHORT : if anyone needs step by step instructions on how to use SJ4000 (works with M10, SJ4000+ and even SJ5000)
View attachment 19471

Short story long :

My recommendation for newbies has always been to take a camera that is not expensive and see if it works for them.

However people new to action cam and technology encounter issues from time to time.

With SJ4000 being quite popular action camera, it is a bit strange that nobody created a step by step manual clarifying each and every icon, symbol and function.

One of those "newbies" in action camera world, forum member here @TeriTerryTarry had struggles like everyone else.

He carefully put on a paper each and every question he had and tried to create a manual for SJ4000 by doing a research.

He got in touch with me, and I though it would be great idea to publish this manual both on web and PDF.

Once again, huge huge thanks to @TeriTerryTarry for his work. I am sure people struggling with SJ4000 and how to use it will find this guide of his extremely helpful.

If you have questions or ideas how to improve it, let me or @TeriTerryTarry know.

So all the work has been done by Teri, I just formatted it for the website and added photos.

We will continue to update the manual as new options /questions/ideas appear.

I would also like to thank @jokiin who told Teri to get in touch with me.

Community power!

PS

If you have the idea for a guide (especially ones suited for newbies, you can get in touch with me or post it here https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/action-cam-guides-for-newbies.15434/)

Thanks guys for creating this. We are actually in the process of creating a very detailed user manual. We will also provide this for download as well.

Revision 2 of the manual dated 2015 December 22 is now available at http://pevly.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/SJCam-SJ4000-Wi-Fi-Manual-2015-12-22-Rev-2.pdf. Revisions include changes to the UPDATE FIRMWARE section, Anti-Shaking (image stabilizer), WDR/HDR and a new numbering system for sections and subsections that I hope will make the manual easier to follow. My thanks to contributors in other threads here on Dash Cam Talk as well as to Pavle, publisher of the excellent website where the revised manual can be found, for helping me. Happy Holidays to all. :):D

Thanks for updating this and for all of your guys' efforts!

How good is this manual? well I’ve had two of these SJ4000 wi fi for around 6 months now, one thing that bothered me on a few occations was, if only these SJ's had a zoom built in, as the angle of view was just a bit too wide for some shots, well these cameras come with an up to X4 zoom, and I didn’t know they had this feature till I red THIS manual, didn’t see it in the manual that came with the SJ, mind you the text in that manual was a bit on the small side so it if was in there, I must have missed it, Great manual guys, many thanks for taking the time and effort every one

Thank you for the kind words mollydog. The fact is that many people have struggled to operate the camera due to the lack of a manual. Each time they ask about a feature, they find someone who has the answer. This happens in comments on YouTube videos, in sellers' Q&A's and on forums including Dash Cam Talk. I just kept track of all the questions and answers as well as my own trials-and-errors. With a suggestion from member jokiin, unceasing questions to the publisher of the YouTube channel AngryItalianMan and some prodding and assistance from member Pavle I came up with the manual. Thanks really goes to the entire community of SJ4000 users. :):D

you did a great job of it and am pleased you took the time and effort doing it, it's very much appreciate it,

it's I/we who need to than you :)

No action cam on the market has a detailed manual like this, I am sure.
Webpage update as well.
Great work. That really need much time.
I see GoPro manual is also very good. Also we are working on the detailed manual 1 month ago.

Hi, i bought this camera last weeks and first used it yesterday! Fantastic bit of kit! This manual has been extremely useful and would like to thank the writer for all his effort in compiling it! However i have experienced an issue with the camera and wondered if anyone could help!

I purchased the camera as a headcam whilst horse riding and when returning from our ride yesterday i removed my hat and stopped the recording as per manual instructions. Today i have reviewd footage as i have a couple of incidents i want to put on youtube/facebook and for dome reason the recording has stopped about 10 mins previous to when i actually stopped it?! Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

could it be the SD card size? not being large enough for the the full recording time

could it be the SD card size? not being large enough for the the full recording time

Hi, its a 16gb sd card? When i reviewed the footage on my laptop it had just over 3.5gb of 3 minute recordings (i left it set on the 3 min cyclic record, changed this to 10 mins though now although not used the camera since). I have bermen in touch with the ebay seller i purchased the camera from and he said to try a different sd card and to ensure i format it via my laptop first and let them know what happens? The only thing i can think is when i lookex up about sd cards for the sjcam it recommended a class 10 and upon checking, the one i had used and got this problem was a class 4, what is the difference (im not clued up on this stuff?!). The new card ive purchaded is a class 10 and will format it first and try again when i go riding on saturday! I will comment here how it goes when i review footage! Thanks!

I would suggest formatting the card in the camera, I also have and use SDFormatter, but hear its recommended to format a card in the camera its being used in, class 4 and class 10 are the read/write speed of the card, 10 being faster than 4, maybe with this new card the problem might be resolved

I would suggest formatting the card in the camera, I also have and use SDFormatter, but hear its recommended to format a card in the camera its being used in, class 4 and class 10 are the read/write speed of the card, 10 being faster than 4, maybe with this new card the problem might be resolved

Ok thanks for that info! How do i format a card whilst its in the camera? I dont recall seeing that as an option when playing around with the settings? Thanks.

on my SJ4000 wifi

once you get to the menu its on page 6 (last page) second selection down as shown in the image below

with firmware G20150408V02 (April 8th 2015)

on my SJ4000 wifi

once you get to the menu its on page 6 (last page) second selection down as shown in the image below

with firmware G20150408V02 (April 8th 2015)

Thats great thank you soo much for your help! I shall keep you updated and hopefully this will resolve the issue! Much appreciated!

Back