Vico Marcus 5 - testdrive at day and night

Dashcam Wiki

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
too much devices to list here
We made a testdrive with the new Vicovation Marcus 5 on daylight and night. On daylight most dashcams videos are looking good. But what about night light conditions? So have a look here:

The recordings were made without attached cpl-filter in a city, ordinary road and highway.
If you like our work, just give it a "thumbs up" ;)

The used firmware is Version 5.0. A newer firmware with reduced grain and tuned saturation and brightness is available on VicoVation.com

Note: These videos you can downloaded in extreme high quality (no difference to original video-files) soon. Because youtube compresses movies too strong to give a 100% exact result or per pixel comparison.

Last edited:
Since you've got one of these in your hands, can you tell if the firmware you used it with has the parking mode available?

Since you've got one of these in your hands, can you tell if the firmware you used it with has the parking mode available?

We've tested Firmware 5.0, 5.1 and 5.3 until now. Wen didn't saw an option for "parking mode". We requested that feature at VicoVation Germany. There is a good chance to see this feature in future development.

I thi k that they should have a small light on the rear cam that is triggered by a sensor ....
But not that bright for reflex back into the cam

I am told (just today) that the latest firmware has a parking mode now

Sean

I am told (just today) that the latest firmware has a parking mode now

Sean
Marcus 5 has had pre bufferred parking mode for about 6 months now. Firmware versions 5.8G or above all have parking mode.

Thanks for the review! I was going through the forums to look for a dash cam to get, and this one actually looks really nice. I like how it's got front and rear view cameras, and you can easily see it while night driving. My only concern is, when looking at the dealer for my country, it doesn't look the same as the one in the video, is there something i'm missing? Like an accessory? I'll put the link here for reference so hopefully you guys can help me out. http://www.canadadashcam.com/collections/vicovation/products/vico-marcus-5-dual

Thanks for the review! I was going through the forums to look for a dash cam to get, and this one actually looks really nice. I like how it's got front and rear view cameras, and you can easily see it while night driving. My only concern is, when looking at the dealer for my country, it doesn't look the same as the one in the video, is there something i'm missing? Like an accessory? I'll put the link here for reference so hopefully you guys can help me out. http://www.canadadashcam.com/collections/vicovation/products/vico-marcus-5-dual
The one in the review has the optional CPL filter fitted, otherwise they are all the same.

Does manufacturer provide other filters ? such as filter with yellow color avoiding contrast at night.

Thank you DashCam Wiki for taking the video. Marcus 5 does have a very good sensor for night recording. Most of us use the filter at day time but we actually forgot to take it off one time and found it helps a bit at night time too. Some of the glares are cut off and the video looks clearer than without the CPL.

Back