Blackvue Cloud Confusion

Why couldn't it just remember the different wifi logins and use what ever was available ?

That is certainly the way I was expecting the cloud feature to work as well, so I'm somewhat disappointed in that regard.

The reality doesn't work like that though and I don't know why.
Back to 1.009 for me it is .
Several people wonder the same thing. My only assumption is the programmers are arrogant and have decided that they will push something unique.. just because they can. The needs / wishes of the consumer be damned. Lots of examples of this arrogance with Microsoft Windows being the first in a long list.

They need to stop pi55ing around with the cloud functions and instead enable a higher bitrate for better quality video.

Maybe V3 could give you the option to have cloud and the standard 8.5mbps as found in V1.009.

Or lose cloud function but have 15mbps video.

The Cloud functionality is a complete waste of time - even when you get it to connect to the "Cloud" it doesn't really offer any useful additional functionality other than the "live view" function - and even that is limited by BlackVue - but along with it comes a host of issues and problems with constant wi-fi searching/connection issues and crashes. In the end I just disabled it in the firmware settings and now just use the direct wi-fi connection to browse files etc.

and now just use the direct wi-fi connection to browse files etc.
Is this still an "app" only application or have they passed the functionality to the PC viewer as well.. It has been rumored they will but so far have not heard if they have.

Is this still an "app" only application or have they passed the functionality to the PC viewer as well.. It has been rumored they will but so far have not heard if they have.

Yea still app only. Ironically it would be far more useful on a desktop. The ability to download files and view them without the need to remove the SD card (although transfer speeds might make it painful....).

I also have no issue connecting to the cameras wifi from my laptop given the better wifi module in my
Laptop compared to my phone. So even if it was only available via direct connection with the camera, and not the cloud, it would still be useful....

Yea still app only. Ironically it would be far more useful on a desktop. The ability to download files and view them without the need to remove the SD card (although transfer speeds might make it painful....).

I also have no issue connecting to the cameras wifi from my laptop given the better wifi module in my
Laptop compared to my phone. So even if it was only available via direct connection with the camera, and not the cloud, it would still be useful....

Agree - the ability to view files from a Mac, on the "Mac viewer" (surely a misnomer!) instead of over an IOS device would be a huge benefit - I wish they would prioritise that over any more Cloud functionality!

An additional disappointment is that the cloud app is styled with 'always cloud' access in mind, in that you lose the ability to see via wifi which files are event files rather than simply normal or parking mode files.

An additional disappointment is that the cloud app is styled with 'always cloud' access in mind, in that you lose the ability to see via wifi which files are event files rather than simply normal or parking mode files.

Yea annoys me as well. Might roll back for this reason alone...

Just FYI, certain car have built-in WiFi if you subscribe to the service. For example, certain Mercedes car have built-in WiFi as part of their MBrace service (https://mbrace.mbusa.com/static/pdf/WiFi_Fact_Sheet.pdf).

Whether the WiFi is ON when the car is OFF, then I am not sure.

Indeed. This was an option on my Audi I just ordered (called Audi Connect I believe) and I was wondering if it was a mistake to not spec it given this cloud functionality. But...I can confirm, on the Audi at least, that this does not not continue to run while the ignition is off, so unfortunately not a solution to my particular problem...

I guess if the camera could at the very least switch between the car wifi and home wifi automatically, it would go someway to being useful....

http://www.4gltemall.com/blog/tag/huawei-carfi-e8377/
Hello
This is my first post :)
This router is a possible solution.but there are many others.( for the cars without build in lte/wifi)
In my opinion the problem is the battery, if the ruter is on, camera with wifi on for all time, in short time the voltage will be dowm.With power magic
or without, the battery will be dowm in hours. And all this effort only to have cloud, nice in theory but a little to complicate and uselles in real life.
Off topic, I'm a little concerned if to buy this 650GW-2CH, the price is very high and the problems is infinites :)
Interesting to see , the dashcamtalk site, in "what to buy " post, no have any recommendation for 650gw....

I've got the remote wifi thing working well, and didn't have any problems setting it up. I can access the cam from anywhere and revive notification of any event while I am away from the car. It's a really cool and useful feature.

For the car wifi I use a "buzzard 2" from EE. 1 have both it and the 650-2ch powered through a power magic pro so they stay powered when the car is off (also have a cam battery pack so it lasts a working day). Once you have an always on hotspot in the car it's easy to connect the cam by entering the hotspot name and password in the cam settings. That's it....

Dave

I've got the remote wifi thing working well, and didn't have any problems setting it up. I can access the cam from anywhere and revive notification of any event while I am away from the car. It's a really cool and useful feature.

For the car wifi I use a "buzzard 2" from EE. 1 have both it and the 650-2ch powered through a power magic pro so they stay powered when the car is off (also have a cam battery pack so it lasts a working day). Once you have an always on hotspot in the car it's easy to connect the cam by entering the hotspot name and password in the cam settings. That's it....

Dave

Very interesting. How do you connect the router to the PMP?

For the car wifi I use a "buzzard 2" from EE. 1 have both it and the 650-2ch powered through a power magic pro so they stay powered when the car is off
The blackvue is in sleep mode? The wifi of blackvue became on only when you connect from outside or is always on?The buzzard is all time on, I belive.More or less is 2Ah.Maybe more, is not impossible to measure this value.
Attention with security from hotspot, cam, ecc :)

Hi

"How do you connect the router to the PMP?".

The buzzard2 plugs into a 12v socket, as does the cam. I replaced the single PMP out with a double 12v socket.

"The Blackvue is in sleep mode?".

The Blackvue goes into parking mode when static and powered . Only recording if an 'event' is triggered by impact or motion detection depending on your settings. The buzzard is always active when powered. It's effectively like a stripped out 4G phone.

Dave

Hi

"How do you connect the router to the PMP?".

The buzzard2 plugs into a 12v socket, as does the cam. I replaced the single PMP out with a double 12v socket.

"The Blackvue is in sleep mode?".

The Blackvue goes into parking mode when static and powered . Only recording if an 'event' is triggered by impact or motion detection depending on your settings. The buzzard is always active when powered. It's effectively like a stripped out 4G phone.

Dave
Hi there,

I was thinking of also replacing the the single socket with a double 12v socket. How has this been working for you? I'm no electrician so was wondering how/if this affects the performance of the PMP or your car battery?

Back