Problem of sharpness. poor image quality?

Sandro

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello everyone, I just bought gitup GIT2 and I have a problem. when I record at home, for example the aquarium, the quality of image is not displayed nitida. is this normal? Below is a video of demostracion:

Regards

Like nearly all action cameras, the minimum focus distance is around 80cm, any closer than that and the image will have poor focus. Also, it would like a bit more light than that for really good quality.

Looking at thermometer in fish tank its pretty poor, and dont look to be too close up i think.

Seem to me like this git2 is a little off the sweet spot.

And welcome Sandro.

Record some video outside in good sunlight to see if it's a focus issue or lack of light. Also, you took off the plastic film from the front of the lens, right? :)

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I made some pictures on sunny day. the results look good with the normal configuration. the videos on the contrary seem low image quality. what should be the appropriate setting for a good video and photos?

What you think of this?You could get the fish out with good image quality?
http://www.gearbest.com/action-came...utm_medium=shareasale&utm_campaign=shareasale

Also the use of macro lens close to record respecting the focusing distance of 80 cm.

Regards!

Attachments

• 2016_0124_125824_0101.jpg
    2016_0124_125824_0101.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 25
Record some video outside in good sunlight to see if it's a focus issue or lack of light. Also, you took off the plastic film from the front of the lens, right? :)
Indeed, with the plastic of the lens removed. Look at the photo I enclose

Regards

Attachments

• desenfocada1.jpg
    desenfocada1.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I made some pictures on sunny day. the results look good with the normal configuration. the videos on the contrary seem low image quality. what should be the appropriate setting for a good video and photos?

What you think of this?You could get the fish out with good image quality?
http://www.gearbest.com/action-came...utm_medium=shareasale&utm_campaign=shareasale

Also the use of macro lens close to record respecting the focusing distance of 80 cm.

Regards!
A +3 or +4 close focus lens would be good for the fish, 52mm with a GoPro 52mm filter adaptor so that it fits the lens.
A video light should help, but any bright light will do.

I am puzzled by your images, the first one looks good, the second looks very out of focus except for a small bit! I don't know why one would be good and the other bad, what was the difference?

i noticed that too - the first one at the duck pond looks nice and sharp, but the second one (sunset/sunrise?) has blurry spots and sharp spots as if maybe there was something on the lens. yes, it's lower light, but that would give consistently poor results if the light was too low. but this is very inconsistent, so that's why it's confusing.

A +3 or +4 close focus lens would be good for the fish, 52mm with a GoPro 52mm filter adaptor so that it fits the lens.
A video light should help, but any bright light will do.

I am puzzled by your images, the first one looks good, the second looks very out of focus except for a small bit! I don't know why one would be good and the other bad, what was the difference?
Thanks again. Can you recommend some link to see the macro lens for the camera?.
I'm not sure to find the right target for our camera

i noticed that too - the first one at the duck pond looks nice and sharp, but the second one (sunset/sunrise?) has blurry spots and sharp spots as if maybe there was something on the lens. yes, it's lower light, but that would give consistently poor results if the light was too low. but this is very inconsistent, so that's why it's confusing.
I think it could be a matter of focus at that time. other photographs seem quality. Pictures taken at the default. in the case of setting the videos you recommend?

Regards

Thanks again. Can you recommend some link to see the macro lens for the camera?.
I'm not sure to find the right target for our camera
You can get a set for different focus distances: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220689400273
To fit them to the camera you will need a 52mm adaptor such as: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371203123724
I am not recommending those suppliers, they are just the ones I found first, also those are cheap lenses, they will work OK and give a good image but are not the best quality.

Back