Low cost mount for video stabilization?

What you need is a short and not least very stiff mount for that phone to avoid the jello in your footage.
The issue might allso stem from your phone holder beeing attached to the dashbord and not the windscreen ?? otherwise your holder look pretty sturdy by its own.
I have no knowlege of any Apple product, but dont the IP5 have some form of image stabilization on the camera you can turn on ( EIS or OIS )

You are better off buying a dedicated dashcam, but offcourse if money is tight then the phone is better than nothing.

O And welcome to the forum Ming.

What you need is a short and not least very stiff mount for that phone to avoid the jello in your footage.
The issue might allso stem from your phone holder beeing attached to the dashbord and not the windscreen ?? otherwise your holder look pretty sturdy by its own.
I have no knowlege of any Apple product, but dont the IP5 have some form of image stabilization on the camera you can turn on ( EIS or OIS )

You are better off buying a dedicated dashcam, but offcourse if money is tight then the phone is better than nothing.

O And welcome to the forum Ming.

Thanks. It is attached to the windshield and not the dash. The jello look might come from the speed of the video (~ 175% increase in Premier). It is shaky when viewed at normal speed. I will check the video settings to see if I have an option for the EIS or OIS. Yes, I agree a go-pro or equivalent would be better but as you said...budget is a problem. Thanks again.

If you like a little nice action camera, the Gitup git 2 seem like a sweet little camera, and it do have dashcam functionalety too as i recall.

Gitup 1 & 2 have ther own subforum in here.

The car is a 2014 Honda accord - not too bumpy.

Here is an example of the video.

Is there any low cost mounts (under $50) that would work better to reduce the shake?

Thanks in advance.
Nice excuse to post your video.. you think the camera is shaking.. or, perhaps the road is bumpy?

Back