Looking for information on the Uniway SV06

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
Amazon has listed a camera called the Uniway SV06 They also have other Uniway SVXX built for specific makes and models. The SV06 is the universal one that looks like it fits around the rear wing mirror.
Of course specs on Amazon seem rather vague. Mentioning 1920*1080P resolution. 170 degree FOV with a Sony lens and that it can do 60 FPS.

Does anyone happen to know what under the hood of this one?
Thanks.

these are public model products and there's a couple of different solutions available that come from one of the public design houses, basic functionality but ok

we're working on a solution to use in these housings also

these are public model products and there's a couple of different solutions available that come from one of the public design houses, basic functionality but ok
I was curious as I grabbed one to take a look at, and will post about it here It should be here in a few days, but I was hoping to make some head way before it got here.

What solutions are available? I am guessing using the term Sony lens might mean the CMOS sensor
Thanks jokiin

there's AIT, Ambarela A7 and Novatek 96655 solutions available

Sony will be the CMOS sensor, there are some other options from memory

See now you peaked my intrest so i had to take a look at it.
Funny looking thing for sure ( SV13 not least and allso the SV6 & 10 )

SV13.
613hsLoEJ1L._SL1000_.jpg

SV6.
51JMQkjsMBL._SL1000_.jpg

SV10.
51GB6gl4zXL._SL1000_.jpg

SV11.
51Vm9NkuyHL._SL1000_.jpg

SV04.
61bEIl65saL._SL1000_.jpg

Seem like the models are pretty tied into the slope of the windscreen, cant see any way you can ajust the lens for more or less horizon in the footage. ?

there's AIT
That makes me a little nervous. It does not mention, and the ATI chipsets do not seem to do well.
Thanks for giving me a heads up though. I appreciate it.

ee now you peaked my intrest so i had to take a look at it.
I signed up with Amazon Review Trader a bit ago with the intention of garbing a DashCam from it every now and then to help sort through the good and the junk on Amazon. Ended up with some decent stuff and some junk. Looked at about four so far. I'll be getting one of the universal version ones in a few days.

@ jokiin Do you happen to know where I can get a car acc lead for this camera so I can just plug it in?
It came in yesterday and it is hardwire only. I'd rather not hardwire it into the Subaru to keep from voiding a warranty, and it is too cold to pull the Camaro out.

The plug looks like this
dmCLWeC.jpg

The camera is the female side.
Thanks in advance.

cant see any way you can ajust the lens for more or less horizon in the footage. ?
The lens on this 06 I got seems to be slightly adjustable but it is a bit of a pain to move.

Why am I thinking some form of DIN plug?
Looks familiar.

@ jokiin Do you happen to know where I can get a car acc lead for this camera so I can just plug it in?
It came in yesterday and it is hardwire only. I'd rather not hardwire it into the Subaru to keep from voiding a warranty, and it is too cold to pull the Camaro out.

The plug looks like this
The camera is the female side.
Thanks in advance.

there won't be an accessory lead available, easiest way would be to wire a cig plug on the other end of the loom, that's how I generally set them up for test purposes

See now you peaked my intrest so i had to take a look at it.
Funny looking thing for sure ( SV13 not least and allso the SV6 & 10 )

SV6.
51JMQkjsMBL._SL1000_.jpg

Seem like the models are pretty tied into the slope of the windscreen, cant see any way you can ajust the lens for more or less horizon in the footage. ?
I knew I've seen this somewhere...

I have it for nearly 3 month.
Interesting concept, but there are many things that need improvement: - better lens, firmware tune-up, etc. and because it's a public tooling as @jokiin mentioned, then I am afraid it's going to have same saga as "G1W" where every little "developer" going to save on hardware components cost which will result in more fakes and poor product quality.

20151124_012032.jpg

20151124_012114.jpg

20151124_012125.jpg

20151124_012239.jpg

20151124_012254.jpg

20151124_012305.jpg

20151124_012313.jpg

I just ordered a plug to wire it up to. This one
Should be here by Friday. Hope to get it wired up over the weekend.

I just ordered a plug to wire it up to. This one
Should be here by Friday. Hope to get it wired up over the weekend.

It's require ACC, Battery and ground ,but that cigarette lighter is a good temporary option for test purpose.

P.S. - have you pulled away on yours unit 3M tape protective tape from mount side, what colour is adhesive there, I guess grey ?

P.S. - have you pulled away on yours unit 3M tape protective tape from mount side, what colour is adhesive there, I guess grey ?
I have not yet, but I will more then likely pull it off to use Dual lock to test it. I'll try to remember to let you know.

Novatek 96655 solutions available
I got a hold of the seller and they said NT96658 and Sony 322.
I googled and there are other results for a
Novatek96658 and IMX322 combo mostly in the same style camera

93f4b4abe14ee0c96f859fd5f8dc64c0.jpg

Bit rate is 12MB

Only wired ground and power left ACC alone and now the camera doesn't turn on by itself. Can I wire the ACC to the power together on the hot side of the cig plug?

Last edited:
Back