Ability to play dashcam MOV files whilst displaying GPS data on Android device

it's not CC data like you would find in a movie file which is why you're not having much luck extracting it I guess

yeah because they're not embedded subtitles, it's the embedded GPS data string
Yes, but it does show that MX Player is working correctly and the GPS data stored in the MOV files can be extracted and does contain all the GPS and timing data in a useable format.

it's not CC data like you would find in a movie file which is why you're not having much luck extracting it I guess
Although it would lack to correct format for subtitles, the CC data will still be extractable just like any other embedded text/subtitle data... it's just a case of using the right method of extracting (demuxing) the video which RegistratorViewer can obviously do.
I guess I'm flogging a dead horse here as I can't find anything that will work :(
Perhaps I should carry a Windows 10 tablet in the car and use RegistratorViewer :D

it's not in a format that the player understands

The Samsung video player does update the garbage on the screen each second, so it's picking up on some soft of timing embedded CC data... thank for your help but I'll admit defeat on this conundrum for the moment :p

where the data is stored is a standard, the format isn't though so the player doesn't know how to handle the file

I can't find a successful way of extracting the GPS data text from the MOV container... Yamb came the closest to succeeding but the results were unusable.
Only RegistratorViewer appears to be able to extract the GPS data from the G90 Ambarella MOV files, so I'm guessing that it's in a bespoke format.
I've ascertained that the data is in a 1 second timed format but that's about it... I'll upload a clip soon so if anyone interested, they can give it a bash and perhaps succeed where I failed :cool:

Here's a download link to a very short and boring video from my G90 dashcam :D
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h1culfakeuixekf/AABnC5InYLDhrKrmH0zlCPmga?dl=0
I've tried MP4BOX, GPAC, CCEXTRACTOR and several others but I can't extract any useable data from track 3 which holds the GPS/timing data.
I can't figure out how RegistratorViewer is extracting the GPS data from the video, but it seems it's quite unique in it's ability to do so.

I can't find a successful way of extracting the GPS data text from the MOV container... Yamb came the closest to succeeding but the results were unusable.
Only RegistratorViewer appears to be able to extract the GPS data from the G90 Ambarella MOV files, so I'm guessing that it's in a bespoke format.
I've ascertained that the data is in a 1 second timed format but that's about it... I'll upload a clip soon so if anyone interested, they can give it a bash and perhaps succeed where I failed :cool:

(different camera but the idea is the same) you might get some clues from this users previous work https://github.com/kbsriram/dcutils

Thanks for the info and assistance :)
As there isn't a simple solution I'll probably just enable GPS coordinates on the video footage.

I've plonked RegistratorViewer on an old ASUS EeePC 900A running Windows 7 which I can keep in the car :)
As the EeePC only has a 8GB SSD it was kicking around the house doing nothing useful... so it can now kick around in the car :D

Back