Any Rear View Camera Advice

Martin Evans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Post Moved To Another Forum by Author

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to DCT forum. For rear camera I do not think a GPS is needed. Perosnally I use a capacitor based Mobius B Lens. But if you can spend more you can have a look to JooVuu X or StreetGuadian 12RC model.

Rearview mirror cameras are forward facing cameras built into a car's rearview mirror, so one suggestion would be to post a query like this in an appropriate place such as the "What Should I Buy?" thread.

Another suggestion would be to learn a bit more about dash cams and their terminology by availing yourself of the wealth of resources here on DCT such as reading the Dash Cam Buying guide.

Rearview-Mirror-DVR.jpg

Well thanks for your input Mr. Dashmellow ? However, I am not interested in a rearview mirror camera, I'm after a single channel camera to use filming out of the back window. I have read very many threads on this forum and elsewhere and done plenty of research, my decision to ask questions here was not necessarily to find a camera to buy but to ask if anyone might suggest what I want to do is not the best option with the cameera I have suggested I am buying!

I thank you for your input and perhaps the different terminology used may be due to our living on different continents. I may not yet have absorbed the wealth of dashcam knowledge that you have but I'm new to the arena as mentioned so it's hardly surprising that I'm not au fait with it all. As to the appropriate place to post my query, as I'm the originator of this thread I would suggest that I have placed my queries in exactly the right place, you are of course at liberty to disagree, just as you have, well done you!

Thanks to the tone of your input I'm not so sure I'll be keen on returning that often but on the other hand most of the other posters I've read on this forum have a much more welcoming manner than your own so I guess I will stick around but filter you out in the future.

On the strength of this one post (I won't bother reading any of your others) I'd really suggest a name change is in order buttercup!

C'ya

Well thanks for your input Mr. Dashmellow ? However, I am not interested in a rearview mirror camera, I'm after a single channel camera to use filming out of the back window. I have read very many threads on this forum and elsewhere and done plenty of research, my decision to ask questions here was not necessarily to find a camera to buy but to ask if anyone might suggest what I want to do is not the best option with the cameera I have suggested I am buying!

I thank you for your input and perhaps the different terminology used may be due to our living on different continents. I may not yet have absorbed the wealth of dashcam knowledge that you have but I'm new to the arena as mentioned so it's hardly surprising that I'm not au fait with it all. As to the appropriate place to post my query, as I'm the originator of this thread I would suggest that I have placed my queries in exactly the right place, you are of course at liberty to disagree, just as you have, well done you!

Thanks to the tone of your input I'm not so sure I'll be keen on returning that often but on the other hand most of the other posters I've read on this forum have a much more welcoming manner than your own so I guess I will stick around but filter you out in the future.

On the strength of this one post (I won't bother reading any of your others) I'd really suggest a name change is in order buttercup!

C'ya

I was trying to politely tell you that you've posted your query in a thread about Rearview MIRROR dashcams which has nothing to do with what you are interested in regardless of which continent you live on but apparently you are a fellow who doesn't pay attention, doesn't give a fig and also displays a rather poor attitude.

I think the concept of your not returning here to DCT and not reading any of my posts is a splendid idea, Martin!

Sincerely,
Buttercup:p

Try a Mobius C with a super cap for the rear. The night video is pretty good.
Now that I think of it, stick the B40 in the rear, and use the Mobius C3 in the front.
The night video is much better than the B40.

I was trying to politely tell you that you've posted your query in a thread about Rearview MIRROR dashcams which has nothing to do with what you are interested in regardless of which continent you live on but apparently you are a fellow who doesn't pay attention, doesn't give a fig and also displays a rather poor attitude.

I think the concept of your not returning here to DCT and not reading any of my posts is a splendid idea, Martin!

Sincerely,
Buttercup:p

Dear Buttercup,

Although I never joined this forum in order to get into a peeing contest you and I obviously have a different concept of polite, constructive and guiding comments.

As of ten seconds ago I'll concede that you are right that I was in the wrong forum, however, that is due to a genuine mistake made by a new member. The fact that you were right regarding where I mistakenly placed my post doesn't excuse the fact that your comments were demeaning and uncalled for, as was your accusation that I had taken the easy route and hadn't bothered to do my own research. Therefore, I will apologise for posting in the wrong forum but not for my reaction to your response.

With that being said I will try to rectify my mistake and move my post to the correct forum/thread.

BTW I never said I would not participate in the DCT, I said I'd just filter you out in the future, as I would with anyone else that I considered as being rude or patronising. Please feel free to do likewise.
Regards,
;-)

Dear Buttercup,

Although I never joined this forum in order to get into a peeing contest you and I obviously have a different concept of polite, constructive and guiding comments.

As of ten seconds ago I'll concede that you are right that I was in the wrong forum, however, that is due to a genuine mistake made by a new member. The fact that you were right regarding where I mistakenly placed my post doesn't excuse the fact that your comments were demeaning and uncalled for, as was your accusation that I had taken the easy route and hadn't bothered to do my own research. Therefore, I will apologise for posting in the wrong forum but not for my reaction to your response.

With that being said I will try to rectify my mistake and move my post to the correct forum/thread.

BTW I never said I would not participate in the DCT, I said I'd just filter you out in the future, as I would with anyone else that I considered as being rude or patronising. Please feel free to do likewise.
Regards,
;-)

Polite? Constructive? Rude? Who are you kidding? I'm not the one resorting to sardonic name calling and insults here.

I simply attempted to point out to you that you were posting in the wrong place about an entirely different type of camera that had nothing whatsoever to do with what you are interested in. In doing so, I explained the difference and suggested you "learn a bit more about dash cams and their terminology" so you can ask the right questions in the right place but apparently you are not one to pay attention instead getting all bent out of shape as you obviously have a chip on your shoulder.

Indeed, I was hoping you might actually go to the trouble of understanding my post regarding your cluelessness about the difference between a camera that faces rearward and a rearview mirror camera. The photo I included with my post should have been a pretty strong hint of what I was getting at for anyone of even modest aptitude. But No, your knee jerk disparaging retort was made without bothering to first do some due diligence, only later coming back to concede the point, proving a second time in a row that you are not one to pay attention.

So, YES, please, please do steer clear of me should you have any further plans to continue loitering here on DCT.

Last edited:
Yes, I find it hard to resist responding to pompous sh*theads.

I was certainly anticipating the typical belligerent trucker mentality you so often have on display here on DCT so you didn't disappoint.

That, along with your compulsive posting of incredibly boring, mundane, holier than thou gotcha videos of the sort of traffic behaviors we all witness each and every day out on the public highways seems to be your main "contribution" to this forum.
Apparently, the obsessive posting of this tiresome stuff gives your life a false sense of meaning and purpose.

I have no doubt, you and your new found exquisitely priggish friend will continue to escalate this petty matter until the thread gets shut down or your posts get deleted, so have at it.

A big 10-4 to you "good buddy". :p

Apparently you've had a lot of contact with truckers in highway rest areas.

Apparently, the obsessive posting of this tiresome stuff gives your life a false sense of meaning and purpose.

It's amazing how some people live for 'strokes' they imagine they get from message boards, isn't it?

Apparently you've had a lot of contact with truckers in highway rest areas.

It's amazing how some people live for 'strokes' they imagine they get from message boards, isn't it?

Sure, maybe for an MF like you! I have no reason to frequent truck stops.

Back