GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Not that high demand so I guess you will have to order it and wait. To bad that official (or approved) outlets selling the gitup2 does not have a few of these in stock.
I have not seen anyone selling a gitup2 with the 90 lens pre-installed, or even as a addon. Only if you buy the 90 lens from china.
It will be in stock next week.
To use a new lens on Git2, require a lot of work, not just replace the lens, need some documents, testing, etc.
Also we will sell the lens with sensor board.

We plan to offer some free Git2 sample with new lens, but mainly for FPV, if you really fly a lot, and know how to judge a lens quanlity and compare the video quality, please contact me.
This lens cost is much higher, designed for drone, the samples quantity is limited, so please make sure you really need such no-distortion lens version.
The feedback can help both, other user will know how it perform before he bought one.

Thanks! You are right I did the sensor calibration. I suppose that this could be a reason. I will try again and we will see if this helps. This time I will do this more precise, probably I've made some mistake during the calibration. Thanks for the tip!
We also found this after calibration, as @wiktorsam talked about, you can do it again to solve it.

Photo Mode - Photo Information
ver. 1.4B
@gitup
Attached link provides the produced photo information for 4:3 16Gb photo
Could you improve the provided information: f-stop, iso, 35mm focal length, etc.
https://goo.gl/photos/AqjrMkNJmXU7yhi58
The F-stop is same for all of cameras based on Novatek chipset, we will check if we can update it, the actual number is F2.8.

Reactions: Jde
Photo Mode - Photo Information
ver. 1.4B
@gitup
Attached link provides the produced photo information for 4:3 16Mp photo
Could you improve the provided information: f-stop, iso, 35mm focal length, etc.
https://goo.gl/photos/AqjrMkNJmXU7yhi58
@gitup
Added to link: photo information for 16:9 12Mp, iso=100, sharpness=hard, center weighted.
As noted, f-stop needs correction.

Also, re-tested oncoming car motion, no gyro, no panning, 720p30 improved, but some noted judder; tested 1080p60 some slight amount of judder.

What happens when you shoot VGAP240W in adequate light? ie outdoors?

Is there a way to transmit video and audio through WiFi? Through the app?

@glasseye
@gitup
Added 480p240 and 480p30 car motion videos to link. 480p30 looks surprisingly good! Not sure how to correctly play 480p240 (currently using VLC).

@glasseye
@gitup
Added 480p240 and 480p30 car motion videos to link. 480p30 looks surprisingly good! Not sure how to correctly play 480p240 (currently using VLC).
I don't think many user will use the 480P 30fps, there are too many options now.

Is there a way to transmit video and audio through WiFi? Through the app?
You can use the finalcam, it support download video from camera to phone.

I do use Finalcam, but I'm not able to hear the audio through my tablet or phone. I'd like to hear through a live WiFi feed. Is it possible?

Hi everybody,

I've been struggling with v1.3 update (updated first without direct PC connection because it didn't seem to work).
I came to the point where cam worked but stopped filming after a certain amount of time and then needed to be switched off and on.
I decided to downgrade to 1.2 (flashed recommended ld.bin from the driver thread and then fw.bin) but now my cam only powers on when connected to wall charger.
Any directions to get it working again?

For me, that special lens for FPV using drones it not needed, and I can understand you will not get a perfect picture with a different lens. From what
I can understand some (like me) hate the fisheye videos you get, like with gopro and so on. It is nice if there are options that can get you a narrow FOV
so you can get, as close as possible to a "normal" image, just like you get from a DSLR. But it does not need to be that perfect, as long as it is good
enough and you can eliminate 95% or the fisheye with a different lens, I would be happy with that.

If people have problems with jello, or a shaking image, the image stabilization helps, but with a drone, or car mounting you need to construct a
mounting that will get rid of the rest, or at least then you will get a perfect video. Otherwise there will still be some shaking, you can not get rid
of all of it, even with the stabilization the camera does.

It would be nice if the makers of these action cams could come out with some better version of these mountings, or at least some type of mount
where you can just add your own plastic tubing. I guess it would be possible to create a add on so instead of attaching the camera to the suction
cup, you attached the camera to that thing, and in turn to the suction cup to get a anti vibration mounting.

These videos show how you can do it in a cheap but great way. I like the one with the plastic tubing the most, looks nice, now give us a production
version of that so it looks professional :)

Thanks! You are right I did the sensor calibration. I suppose that this could be a reason. I will try again and we will see if this helps. This time I will do this more precise, probably I've made some mistake during the calibration. Thanks for the tip!

I had to do the calibration five times - I also had strange lines after one of the first calibrations. Today I did the "Adjust black ..." outside in indirect sunlight with withe paper. Hotpixels are gone! Never had movies this good before.
Thanks Gitup!

Hello,
i just received my Git2 and make first Testvideos. I have a lot of dead Pixels. One of them is also shown on bright videos. Is there a chance to calibrate that or is that calibration only for Hotpixel that shown in the dark?

I do use Finalcam, but I'm not able to hear the audio through my tablet or phone. I'd like to hear through a live WiFi feed. Is it possible?

NOt at the moment, there is no audio feed

you can stream the rtsp feed using rtsp://192.168.1.254, but it is only 640x360 at the moment and no audio
gitup are working on an IPCam feature which will hopefully include audio.

If you connect gitup with otg cable to android device, and use as a webcam, and use IPWebcam you can stream a higher 1920x1080 to anotehr device, this just relies on the androids wifi connection

Git2 in webcam mode does not include audio at the moment, can this be changed @gitup?

I use TinyCam as a viewer

PM me any questions...

Hello,
i just received my Git2 and make first Testvideos. I have a lot of dead Pixels. One of them is also shown on bright videos. Is there a chance to calibrate that or is that calibration only for Hotpixel that shown in the dark?
Hi,
beta 1.4firmware help for me. I have same issue.

Back