Where to buy Git2? + remote waterproof?

jackd9922

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I am really interested in buying the Git2. Previously I was looking at the Xiaomi Yi with its performance and decent price but the Git2 looks to be superior (and growing better and better) so I don't mind parting with the extra moolah!

Where would be the best place to buy the Git2?
Preferably the cheapest (my budget would be around 120 euro)
Gearbest have it on sale at around 92 euro which is an attractive price but Gearbest frequently gets poor reviews (i.e. delayed shipping, lack of customer support, waiting weeks for product, no tracking).
I need the camera delivered by April 30th so I'm hesitant to order from China.
ALSO: are there any fakes of the Git2 in circulation? A known problem with the SJCam4000 were the fakes sellers would ship. How sure could I be that if I bought a Git2 from China it would be legit?
So, in summary, where do ye recommend to buy from?
AND out of interest: why does gitup sell the camera at a higher price than Gearbest? Where is the logic in that?

Question:
Is the remote watch waterproof? I kayak and it would be a very handy feature out on the river.
Is the waterproof case supplied by gitup as good as the gopro waterproof case?

Thanks very much for reading!

I am really interested in buying the Git2. Previously I was looking at the Xiaomi Yi with its performance and decent price but the Git2 looks to be superior (and growing better and better) so I don't mind parting with the extra moolah!

Where would be the best place to buy the Git2?
Preferably the cheapest (my budget would be around 120 euro)
Gearbest have it on sale at around 92 euro which is an attractive price but Gearbest frequently gets poor reviews (i.e. delayed shipping, lack of customer support, waiting weeks for product, no tracking).
I need the camera delivered by April 30th so I'm hesitant to order from China.
ALSO: are there any fakes of the Git2 in circulation? A known problem with the SJCam4000 were the fakes sellers would ship. How sure could I be that if I bought a Git2 from China it would be legit?
So, in summary, where do ye recommend to buy from?
AND out of interest: why does gitup sell the camera at a higher price than Gearbest? Where is the logic in that?

Question:
Is the remote watch waterproof? I kayak and it would be a very handy feature out on the river.

Apparently gearbest discounts heavily. But there is great fluctuation in Gearbest pricing from day to day. I have had negative experience with them. Just today I received an answer about the Git 2 that I had asked a week ago!
You will have to buy from the Mainland through a seller unless Amazon has one in stock. Members of DCT forum have complaints of Gearbest's being out of stock. Your most reliable bet is EBay. three days ago I ordered Git 2 cam, mic. and remote control for $148.99! A DCT member said recently, that he has surfed with the remote control on his wrist! Ask Gitup.

Last edited by a moderator:
...AND out of interest: why does gitup sell the camera at a higher price than Gearbest? Where is the logic in that?

Question:

Maybe Gitup use better postage? But being the manufacturer, it would be wrong to sell cheaper than any of their distributers.

The remote will be OK in a kayak, even if you end up in the water, but don't use it for diving.

The waterproof case, I think is better than a GoPro, it will not eat your fingers when you operate the latch. However it is not good if you want to record sound from inside the case.

GB uses PostNL for shipping to Europe. With code GitUp2 price is $104.99. You won't find cheaper than that.

Thanks for your replies!
Banggood got stock in so I ordered off them and its been dispatched so I'm excited.

Update:
I ordered on the 3rd of May
Shipped on the 5th
Post NL was used. Here's the tracking

04-05-2016 08:29 The item has arrived in the country of destination IRELAND
18-04-2016 20:33 The item is on transport to the country of destination
15-04-2016 07:20 The item is at the PostNL sorting center11-04-2016 08:50 The item is ready for shipment
08-04-2016 08:38 The item is pre-advised

So over a month.
Buuut, it got hit by customs and now I've to pay 30 euro extra plus what it costs to ship to the US to me as I've left the country.

Another thing: I ordered the remote and batteries from gearbest 2 days after the camera. They arrived 2 weeks later. Pretty damn good.

So for me, at the moment, gear best> banggood
Hopefully the fully works once I get it.

Maybe Gitup use better postage? But being the manufacturer, it would be wrong to sell cheaper than any of their distributers.

The remote will be OK in a kayak, even if you end up in the water, but don't use it for diving.

The waterproof case, I think is better than a GoPro, it will not eat your fingers when you operate the latch. However it is not good if you want to record sound from inside the case.

Hi Nigel,

Do You think that remote control will be OK if time to time will get in water for few seconds/minutes? I am considering to buy one, but I am not sure if there is any water resistance. I use cam on my fly fishing trips where usualy wading in rivers, so my hands are getting wet most of the time...also when handling with fish I put hands in the water and there is no time to take off remote control off the hand.

Hi Nigel,

Do You think that remote control will be OK if time to time will get in water for few seconds/minutes? I am considering to buy one, but I am not sure if there is any water resistance. I use cam on my fly fishing trips where usualy wading in rivers, so my hands are getting wet most of the time...also when handling with fish I put hands in the water and there is no time to take off remote control off the hand.
It is supposed to be 3m waterproof so you should be fine for fishing, people have used it for swimming and nobody has reported a problem. Avoid cleaning it with soap or detergent as that will make it easier for water get inside.

It is supposed to be 3m waterproof so you should be fine for fishing, people have used it for swimming and nobody has reported a problem. Avoid cleaning it with soap or detergent as that will make it easier for water get inside.

oh great :) many thanks for fast answer.

I ordered mine from gearbest for approximately 100usd with tracking number and insurance. Camera arrived in Greece about after 3 weeks and got it after a couple of days. No taxes at all because i asked them to claim a 20usd value.
100% satisfied

Back