GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Just received my Git2 and tried to use it as a webcam on my Windows 7 - mixed results. The only application that somewhat works is is Skype (video works, but mic does not) , I also tried iSpy and VLC with no success at all (no video).
Firmware version is 1.4
Any suggestions?

sound does not work in webcam mode on the git2, sorry. i don't know if they're trying to add that in a future update, or if it's just not possible with this hardware.

sound does not work in webcam mode on the git2, sorry. i don't know if they're trying to add that in a future update, or if it's just not possible with this hardware.
@gitup should disable the USB microphone device if it's never gonna work. Having it show up in Windows gives the wrong impression. [emoji1]

it will be interesting what @TechTronic9000 can say about using sound on webcam :D i'm glade that i'm not only fanatic typing something about that feature on this device :D

At least I know now that my cam is OK :) Yea, web cam seems useless these days without a mic.. does it have sound in dashcam mode?

At least I know now that my cam is OK :) Yea, web cam seems useless these days without a mic.. does it have sound in dashcam mode?
The dashcam sound is quite good :)

@gitup I would like to have the option to change the size of the info displayed in the lcd screen. If you look at the images in the gitup itself the current size of the text can be adequate but when playing your files in a TV the size of the text is really huge. It would be nice to have a size text feature plus the option to hide the text when you're seeing the content recorded.

Last edited:
On an older F/W version (i believe it was prior 1.3) I did have sound in webcam mode, using the amcap app. Actually I had two MIC both named DEMO1, one was working, the other did not.

Later EDIT:
It's still working in 1.4_0324 with AMCAMP app:
It's not only detected but I also have sound from the Git2.
I'm also on Widows 8.1

Git2 - USB mic.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed when I do photo time lapse, 1 photo every X seconds, the LCD screen stays on the whole time. Is it possible to have the LCD screen turn off? It would save battery for sure.

Also, I noticed photo mode does not have WDR. Is this something that can be added in next firmware? ;)

Edit: I didn't wait long enough, but the LCD does turn off eventually, based on the Screen Auto Sleep setting, as intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
In my case after testing cam on win7 64bit only amcamp app with 1.3 fw give me some low quallity sound but that was all strange. But most people use apps like SKYPE when web cam is topic. Maybe amcamp use some another protocol or internal driver. I never hear before for this app. First time was on this forum.

Also, I noticed photo mode does not have WDR. Is this something that can be added in next firmware? ;)
The best way to get WDR - actually HDR photos is to take at least 3 pictures from a tripod with 3 EV values like -1/3, 0, 1/3 and the edit them in a HDR utility, the results are spectacular. If you can not take 3 pictures, or the subject is moving then you need to enable RAW and after that there are some utilities that make WDR out of it or save the raw with 3 settings of EV and process the three files.

It's still working in 1.4_0324 with AMCAMP app:
It's not only detected but I also have sound from the Git2.
Also for me the sound is working with AMcap. I never had Skype so I cannot test. Windows 7.

enjoy,
Mtz

Git2 Remote question - can it be used for snorkeling, it looks rugged enough, is it waterproof ? I plan to put Git2 on a stick and will be nice to control it from my wrist.

Git2 Remote question - can it be used for snorkeling, it looks rugged enough, is it waterproof ? I plan to put Git2 on a stick and will be nice to control it from my wrist.
Yes - Snorkelling
No - Diving.

:)

Reactions: Mtz
Hi,

I just received today my Git2 camera :)

It was delivered with the fw 1.4b, is it recommanded to flash 1.4 ?
After quick testing, it seemsthat there is no hot pixel, maybe they calibrated the sensor in factory?
what is the best way to check if there is hot pixel?

Thanks
Philippe

Hi,

I just received today my Git2 camera :)

It was delivered with the fw 1.4b, is it recommanded to flash 1.4 ?
After quick testing, it seemsthat there is no hot pixel, maybe they calibrated the sensor in factory?
what is the best way to check if there is hot pixel?

Thanks
Philippe
If you can't see any hot pixels then you should not worry about them! If you really want to test for them then wait for the dark days of December and then record some video of ghosts in a dungeon by candle light - that normally shows up one or two ;)

I'm not sure what the difference between 1.4b and 1.4 is, probably very little, I'm also not sure which is best, maybe it is just to distinguish between factory and user install. Without further information I would keep what you have and enjoy it until 1.5 arrives.

Welcome :)

was the screw making contact with the side of the battery before you removed it? if so the battery is probably completely drained and would need to be replaced. @gitup might be able to help here.

I opened my Git2 once again and I'm 90% sure the screw IS touching the battery (see attached pictures)

Is it possible to fix it?

IMG_20160402_153832.jpg IMG_20160402_153733.jpg

Has anyone succesfully used photos taken with GitUp2 on an Ipad? I cant get ipad to recognize photos or videos using a sdcard connection kit.

Last edited:
I opened my Git2 once again and I'm 90% sure the screw IS touching the battery (see attached pictures)

Is it possible to fix it?

View attachment 22009 View attachment 22010
Probably best to get advice from Gitup, but you could try removing the screw and see if it then remembers the date...

Not sure what the screw does? Looked in my Git2 and it doesn't have one, and it hasn't fallen apart in the last 6 months!

Probably best to get advice from Gitup, but you could try removing the screw and see if it then remembers the date...

Not sure what the screw does? Looked in my Git2 and it doesn't have one, and it hasn't fallen apart in the last 6 months!

WOW, thank you! Removing the screw fixed the issue!

Now let's wait for Gitup's answer what this screw actually does and if it can be removed ;)

Back