Video playback Xiaomi yi action cam

Tom Raithby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I've had this camera for around a year and I'm running the latest firmware.

My biggest concern is that I have to 'download' the videos to my phone (android) or to my ipad.

I know on the go pro there is a way to watch the videos via the app without downloading them. Is there a way to do this with the Xiaomi yi? It's very annoying as some videos are over 1gb and take around 10-15 minutes to download and then are sometimes the wrong video and take up 1gb of storage on one of my devices.

Thanks in advance

OTG card reader, still quicker
Yes but then means I have to take my laptop with me. I took my camera skiing this week and wanted to view the videos instantly is there a way to do it?

Normally you can view a low quality version of the video via wifi, do you get any error messages when pressing play?

Skickat från min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Normally you can view a low quality version of the video via wifi, do you get any error messages when pressing play?

Skickat från min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk
Hi Anton. I don't get any message other than you must download this video to view. Then I have to wait for the full 1.5gb to transfer over. I don't have any streaming option at all. If you have any suggestions it would be much appreciated!

OTG card reader connects to your phone, like this https://streetguardian.info/sgusbotg-usb-otg-card-reader.html

i got an OTG card for iPad, when i plug it in my only options are to 'import' this still means i have to wait for the file to transfer on to my device before watching. i still cannot 'stream' the video. is this different on android or will i still have to transfer the file on there?

id simply like to access the video and watch it 'streamed' straight from the card without having to download the file to my phone or ipad

any suggestions would be welcome

thanks

Hello, i'm a bit late but this question seems to be very similiar to a problem of mine.
Actually the Xiaomi makes prewievs of your video and you can see them without downloading anything.
In the menu there is a voice to enable the preview.
Where is the problem? As for me, the preview is affected by strange bugs. Often I cant have the preview: it says "this file doesnt support the preview"...
I was thinking this happens when I set the maximum resolution (1080p) for videos because in the past I had the preview working at lower resolution (720p, 960p).... but it is false! Today I check better: Xiaomi refused to generate any preview, I restarted it and it now works also at 1080P!
So check better by yourself and restart and repeat the experiment if not work... because it may be erratic...

Back