What about custom gopro firmware?

Shanetrain

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Mini 0806, Mini 0801, MiVue 588, Sunty A7
Hi all

After playing around with my Xiaomi Yi bitrates and using autoexec scripts, I wondered if the same could be applied to the GoPro hero 3 range.

Now I am aware that some of the autoexec.ash are available for the 4 black, being its a A7 and should not need much modification.

But for the white and sliver owners its a Ambrella A5S, there is really not much...

I own the white and it sits around collecting dust, but if it could be firmware modded to say 25/Mbs to be on par with it silver counterpart that would be super handy.

Basically what I am asking is can a white be turned into a sliver since they share the same physical hardware.

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Has anyone tried this tool with a gopro?

I tryed .
firmware for Gopro 4 ( ambarella a9 ) cant be moodified with tool
firmware gopro 3

Now I am aware that some of the autoexec.ash are available for the 4 black,
In my infoormation autoexec.ash for goopro 4 black disable, in new firmware ( I try autoexecs on my 4 black and its not work )

“GoPro cameras come out of the box with a huge set of features. Most people will be satisfied, or possibly even overwhelmed by the available options”. Very limited exposure/ISO control (eventually), and no RAW mode for photos. The only setting you really have any control over is the resolution and framerate, You can’t even lock the exposure to stop it changing mid-filming. Hardly a “huge” set of features; most modern cellphones have more. Although maybe I’m just bitter because the 3+ I bought is focused about two feet away and useless for anything other than selfies (the old standard hero 3 was focused to infinity so their claim that the 3+ is 33% sharper is bollocks for anything over 2 feet away, ie everything). I wish people would stop calling them good cameras.

spend enough on marketing and that's the name people will quote as being a good camera
Yeah sadly :oops:
"GoPro" is the term for action cams for non-users.
When I got my xiomi yi a lot of people asked me why I bought a GoPro :mad: WHICH I DIDN'T

so I hope people inform themself better they buy anything and not just buy the mainstrteam stuff

Imagine a Magic Lantern for GoPro. I think we should adress it to the ML team :)

I have xiaomi yi's, a Git 2 , and Sjcam sj7 Star, and neighbors and friends have asked ," Is that a Gopro?" with all of them

If you have a Gopro Hero 2018 in 5 minutes you can transform this camera into a Gopro Hero 5 Black ... because inside they are the same camera, only the software is different!

Last edited:
Back