GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Yeah that is true, there is a delay, and might not be suited for filming birds that are quick, but for surveillance and a pulled out frame, not a big issue. But then again
your system is adapted to fit another type av video recording or photo.

My question is, can you get stuff like you have without having to do to much DIY on it ?

I know there are cameras (or systems) for capturing animals at night, or monitoring animal traps etc that
you can buy and just install it somewhere out in the woods. Think they last something like up to six months
on a single battery charge.

I know there are cameras (or systems) for capturing animals at night, or monitoring animal traps etc that
you can buy and just install it somewhere out in the woods. Think they last something like up to six months
on a single battery charge.

trail cams they call them

Reactions: Mtz
Hi guys, I'm a newbie here and have just ordered a Git2 to use while cycling.

While I'm waiting, I was looking for a way to use a USB battery pack and external mic at the same time only to find out here that noise would be a problem.
But after some more googling, I found out that an USB dc coupler might be the answer. So, I must ask, Gitup could you release one in the future? I know this is would be a niche product, but it never hurts to ask right?

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here and have just ordered a Git2 to use while cycling.

While I'm waiting, I was looking for a way to use a USB battery pack and external mic at the same time only to find out here that noise would be a problem.
But after some more googling, I found out that an USB dc coupler might be the answer. So, I must ask, Gitup could you release one in the future? I know this is would be a niche product, but it never hurts to ask right?
Someone tried the external microphone with power recently and said that it worked well. I don't know if maybe he has a lower audio quality standard to GitUp, but it is worth trying. I use mine on the bike with the internal microphone, if you put a fluffy windshield over the microphone hole then you can do a decent speed with reasonable audio quality and without much wind problem, you don't get stereo though.

blueranom, I do not think you should be concerned, this is probably not a major problem, more a thing of
what microphone you use and so on. Wait for the camera and then test it out, could be firmware related issues to.

It could also be that the person had to high level from the microphone, it has to be balanced right to get a good overall
sound from the microphone. Besides, if you can always get extra battery and change that, it is not like you only get 5min
of recording time on one charge ;)

I think I saw someone in here that had used the gitup2 with a external microphone and usb battery pack for long term recording
and he had no specific issues.

Ah, so trail cams or game cams, nice, then I know what they are called if I need to buy on of these.

Just got my Git2 yesterday, Tx GB. I took a photo in Git2 while at a stop light. Does this seem out of focus to you guys? TIA.

Attachments

• 2016_0509_092215_003.JPG
    2016_0509_092215_003.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 38
Just got my Git2 yesterday, Tx GB. I took a photo in Git2 while at a stop light. Does this seem out of focus to you guys? TIA.
Hard to tell. Kinda low light and the water on the windshield doesn't help. But I could easily read the McFadden Street sign. If it's clear tomorrow try another pic and see if it's better.

So you don't think the McFadden is a little blurry? It was raining this morning when I test drove the Git2. Hopefully, it won't rain tomorrow. I will try it again on a sunny day. Thanks for your input Gibsonn99.

Last edited:
Here is a Git2 photo at night @ stop light. What you guys think: blurry or not? Or just bad photo at night? TIA.

Attachments

• 2016_0409_210243_001.JPG
    2016_0409_210243_001.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 36
Here is a Git2 photo at night @ stop light. What you guys think: blurry or not? Or just bad photo at night? TIA.
Neither photo is crystal clear, but your glass is not perfectly clean and these are only HD frame grabs and may include some camera shake.

If you want to check the focus, wait for bright daylight, preferably sunlight, put the camera on something perfectly steady like a tripod, or a solid wall and take a 16MP photo using the self timer to avoid camera shake, then we can easily check the lens focus and quality.

Last edited:
Someone tried the external microphone with power recently and said that it worked well. I don't know if maybe he has a lower audio quality standard to GitUp, but it is worth trying. I use mine on the bike with the internal microphone, if you put a fluffy windshield over the microphone hole then you can do a decent speed with reasonable audio quality and without much wind problem, you don't get stereo though.
blueranom, I do not think you should be concerned, this is probably not a major problem, more a thing of
what microphone you use and so on. Wait for the camera and then test it out, could be firmware related issues to.

It could also be that the person had to high level from the microphone, it has to be balanced right to get a good overall
sound from the microphone. Besides, if you can always get extra battery and change that, it is not like you only get 5min
of recording time on one charge ;)

I think I saw someone in here that had used the gitup2 with a external microphone and usb battery pack for long term recording
and he had no specific issues.

Ah, so trail cams or game cams, nice, then I know what they are called if I need to buy on of these.

Thanks guys. I ride 12-13 hours on weekends so usb power is a must, and having the option to use an extrenal stereo mic would be nice. I'll have to make a cable if I want external stereo recording and USB power, but I might as well give it a try.

A short video with my new toy (gimbal zhiyun rider M). In motorbike doesn't work perfectly (excessive vibration) . I will continue doing tests
For the bike, can anyone advise an economic and small system to record the audio infependent of the camera?the cable of the external mic prevents movement of the motors

Enviado desde mi sofannn

A short video with my new toy (gimbal zhiyun rider M). In motorbike doesn't work perfectly (excessive vibration) . I will continue doing tests
For the bike, can anyone advise an economic and small system to record the audio infependent of the camera?the cable of the external mic prevents movement of the motors

Enviado desde mi sofannn
The gimbal combined with the camera gyro makes this video look really weird. Good quality though!

Gibson99, no that video is not weird, it is just like video you get from a steadycam, it looks professional level. Floating in the air, real nice.

That video was great, talk about rock stable video :)

Enviado desde mi sofannn
Can't get more stable than that.... Great stuff.

Gibson99, no that video is not weird, it is just like video you get from a steadycam, it looks professional level. Floating in the air, real nice.

That video was great, talk about rock stable video :)
well even with a steadicam, you usually have SOME vertical movement, especially when going up or down steep hills like you were. helps make it look more realistic - this one is so perfectly smooth that it looks almost computer-generated. except that the graphics are WAY too good. ;)

Thanks for your opinions. The gyro is off in the video. in the first part I 'm running and was amazed by the stability and the low noise of motors. I like this sensation (floating in the air).
When I used the cam without gimbal the video is bad for my poor pulse.
the actioncam weigh very little and is difficult to keep stable for mi.
Sorry for my english, google translator and me are the guilty [emoji23] [emoji23]

Enviado desde mi sofannn mediante Tapatalk

Gibson99 yeah I know, but that is what I found funny.

It looks so good you would think something it wrong, is is ridiculous stable, but I love it !
Look awesome. That floating is amazing !

I guess the video is so stable and floating is looks strange as we are not used to it being that good, as you said artificial,
but over time, with these types of videos, gimbal etc, I think this will become more normal and not feel so unrealistic, it
just takes time to get used to. Just like when we got HDTV, now SDTV looks to soft and not that good.

I just loved the video, so great. I was thinking of getting a DSLR for filming, but it looks like I will be getting a action cam
instead because of portability, and stabilization options, plus not having to deal with a lens and all that.

Back