How does the camera know when it's in parking mode?

Troop

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this an automatic thing? I'm using this constant power supply - I've only attached the yellow to the constant power from car, and it does keep the camera on when the car is off. But how can I be sure the camera isn't just continuously recording; does it use the sensors, or is the red supply necessary to tell when the car has been turned off?

Thanks

It is on, and the M icon is showing. But my car is parked right now and the camera is not recording, but it won't start recording if I wave my hand in front of it or walk in front of it. Also, how can the camera differentiate me being parked vs at a stoplight or something?

Alright, that makes sense, but how does it detect the movement? Is there a sensor or does the camera just look for changes in the image?

Hmm, is this supposed to work when it's very dark? Because I can't seem to get my sensor to trigger.

Ah, alright. Thanks for your help man. Sorry for bombarding you, just trying to understand the camera better.

For this model, Parking Mode is a combination of using a

-hard wire kit with battery discharge prevention for unswitched continuous power

-Motion Detection set to ON
-G-Sensor
(both will pull in the extra 5 second pre-buffer leading up to the "event")

For this model, Parking Mode is a combination of using a

-hard wire kit with battery discharge prevention for unswitched continuous power

-Motion Detection set to ON
-G-Sensor
(both will pull in the extra 5 second pre-buffer leading up to the "event")

Ah, alright. Just to be clear, the red (hot start) connection is not required right? I haven't been able to install it.

Ah, alright. Just to be clear, the red (hot start) connection is not required right? I haven't been able to install it.

The button on the PANOBDP MotoPark switches from BAT Un-Switched (Yellow) to ACC Switched (Red)

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...charge-prevention-device-ms-multi-safer.4603/

If you have no plans on ever pressing the button to get Switched ACC mode, there is no need to hookup Red correct.

99.9% of the time everyone leaves it in Un-Swtiched BAT constant mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back