Hardwire Install for iRoad V9

Brad-492

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Guys,

I have just purchase one of these and am looking for direction around the install.

I am having a look at the hardwire kit, and would just like to confirm as the instructions seem like it was translated from another language

Black Wire / GND (no problem)

Red Wire / ACC (Fuse running with engine off, no problem)

Yellow wire (fused) / VCC (instructions state to connect it to fuse which should not be electric current?) What does this mean? When should this fuse be active? car on or off / engine on or off?

Appreciate the help very much!

Unknown_zpslr3znoxu.jpeg

black ground, red permanent, yellow accessories (turns off when ignition is off)

pretty straightforward but if you get stuck call these guys Oak Flats Electronics ↠ 49 Central Ave Oak Flats NSW 2529 ↠ Phone: 02 42566120 ↠ Website: http://www.ofeonline.com.au/ they import it

On mine Red says "ACC" and yellow is Fuses so that to me means power and says "VCC"

Instruction manual says colours may change

Read wire is also not fused, only yellow wire is fused

Here is a pic of the instructions if that helps:

None of my wires are marked B+

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-11%20at%2010.16.32%20am_zpsp5mkbwnv.jpg

Korean stuff doesn't often come with clear instructions, if you get yellow and red the wrong way around the worst that will happen is it won't go into parking mode

if in doubt give them a call

So one wire does need to go on Ignition?

Red is ACC as it is marked that.

Yellow is VCC what is that?

standard for aftermarket stuff is yellow is permanent power and red is accessories, Koreans don't always follow the standards though

probably better to call them and ask if you're not confident, wherever you bought it from should also be able to advise

OK so VCC (yellow) being constant would require power when the car is "OFF"

OK great, so that should be that then.

Would a 10AMP fuse slot be OK for this application?

10amp.

thanks

OK, does it matter?

Or should I only use a 5amp?

And should they both be the same.

5amp for acc
&
5amp for vcc?

no problem.
so I should piggy both VCC and ACC from a 5 AMP slot?

So I piggy of a 10amp fuse in the bottom.
Then put a 5amp in the top?

Or should I look to see if the car has a 5amp slot to piggy off?

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-11%20at%2011.33.10%20am_zps1oepsivu.jpg

Not sure how those fuse gadgets work since I solder my taps onto wiring or find an open but powered slot in the fusebox. But whichever slot causes the car function to operate gets the original car fuse size, the other slot gets a 5A max sized fuse for your accessory.

Phil

Just got my V9 and did some searching and test. I have also cigar power inlet

Most of cigar power outlet connection is only active when ignition is on. Using multi tester, I found that the active connection is connected to outer small portion of the connector to dashcam.
Testing the hardwire connections, ground is connected to outer portion of connector (wide). red is connected to outer portion (narrow) of the power connector and yellow wire is connected to inner connection on the power outlet.

Like jokiin mentioned, yellow wire should be on continous power for parking mode.

One more thing, why on earth this korean manufacturer would install a 250v 2A fuse on the yellow connection? What were they thinking??? now I have to find a 12V 5amp fuse so I can replace this. Oh well, I will use fuse tap anyway to connect it to ignition so doesnt matter that much once it is hardwired

I just purchased the iRoad V9 from a local vendor who also help to installed this dashcam to my vehicle.
Yellow (constant power) connected to "wheel fuse" which allow the power supply while in parking mode.
Red (acc power) connected to "front windows fuse" which allow the cam go into normal mode when vehicle ignited
Everything is working well. And just have a question, could I install a power switch (ON/OFF) on the "Yellow" cable? because i dont need parking mode all the time, sometime i will park my car in my own car park for weeks and just want to avoid battery drain even though there is a voltage protection on the dashcam itself.

Thanks
RS

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C IROAD 1
D IROAD 0
Back