Review: 2nd Batch-BULLETHD BIKER PRO, 1080p, Wi-Fi, Water Resistant Motorcycle Camera DashCam

OK, thanks for your help. I'll see how it goes and will probably end up contacting them. If I have this straight, if the loop time is set for 3 mins and I ride for 1 hr, I should have 20 clips? Not happening. Also, the cable clamps are a good idea, just a shame they never put one on the power supply; looks like the USB cable could wriggle out easily. I'll have to find a way to keep it in there - zip ties...

No reports of USB coming out of the power supply but feel free to get creative on securing extra.

Correct 3 minute files are recorded one right after another until the card is full. Then recycle loop begins

I heard back from Silver Creations and it turns out that the EVExxx.mov files are generated and locked by the G Sensor. I had it on High; thought I'd turned it OFF!! I'm not sure how you're supposed to view these EVE files, surely if they've been locked by the G Sensor they could hold important footage as to why the sensor locked it (accident??)
I got busy with the zip ties and the USB plug WILL NOT be coming out from the power source anytime soon. It only needs the plug to come out by 1-2mm and the DVR module loses it's power. Will try again next week...

Last edited:
Could really use some help with this. I have switched the G Sensor off and made sure that the cables are clamped into the modules and power source correctly but the camera still isn't recording as it should. I rode to and from work yesterday (approx. 30 mins each way) and neither journey has recorded properly; I'm missing loads from each way. It's not recording EVExxx.mov files now as the G Sensor is turned off, but I'm unable to view some of the FILExxx.mov files. I have been in contact with someone in Hong Kong/China (through the FaceBook page) and I'm waiting for a response.

Here's how many files I had from my return journey to work yesterday:

Here's the contents of the settings.txt file on the memory card:

perhaps try another sd card, or if you don't have one, then test this one using H2TestW (link in my signature). back up any files you want to keep on the SD card, such as the settings file, since the test routine needs a completely blank, freshly formatted card to work right. random missing/corrupt files is one of the most common symptoms of a bad/fake memory card.

Which memory card are you using? Transcend 32GB is best, avoid red grey SanDisk cards.

Open the settings.txt file and change default_setting value from 0 to 1. Save file re insert and power on to flush out the system. Still fails? Could be a intermittent bad power supply or video cable.

Hi folks. I'm now waiting for a new video cable from the ebay distributor. It's such a tragedy that there are many dedicated supportive individuals out there desperate to get the terrific little camera and concept working who are loyally trying every solution offered by forum users, Jokiin and Pier28 and yet still failing with the same widespread issues. Something's badly wrong. If it was a car or larger consumer item, there'd be a massive outcry and worldwide recall. No one complains when it's only a couple hundred bucks. :(
Is there anyone out there who can actually say they have the unit installed and have had NO issues? It'd be nice to know what they did to get it going. As I found out, that was impossible, straight out of the box.
I hope this upgrade that people have been talking about, addresses more than just making a metal camera body.

As a general thing. back in the early days, I found problems caused by bad connections all along the power train. Driving a large, bouncy vehicle over crappy main roads I had USB leads jiggle out by the merest fraction, power socket jiggle by a fraction etc.
Of course, when the camera then gets all this information in a fraction of a second "turn off, no, wait, we have power, turn back on again - oh, wait, power's just gone, go into shutdown mo...wait, no, it's back up again..."
I also discovered a similar problem with the way diesels work - ignition on, let the glowplugs warm up - power is supplied to the cam.
glowplug light goes out, turn the engine over (and now all power to accessories is cut).
Engine fires, ignition returns to normal mode, all power restored, camera now wants to start - but it is still in shutdown mode.
In my car, I installed a delay timer.
In my bus, I used an extension lead with a built in switch, only turning on once the engine is running.

Even that momentary loss of power at startup was enough to make the cam do the strangest things.

Maybe use the fuse as a temporary 'switch'. You know what's happening with the files, pull the fuse, fire up the engine then insert. Go for a ride (or just let it idle for a long while) then have a look at the files. Actually, letting it idle for ages then set off for a ride - that'll tell you if it's bumps or vibrations disconnecting the power momentarily.
Nothing to lose & you might even find a solution?

Which memory card are you using? Transcend 32GB is best, avoid red grey SanDisk cards.

Open the settings.txt file and change default_setting value from 0 to 1. Save file re insert and power on to flush out the system. Still fails? Could be a intermittent bad power supply or video cable.

Hello again. I have been using a red/grey SanDisk card that was supplied with the camera, now waiting on delivery of a 64GB Transcend card. tried setting the Default to 1 and this made no difference.

Thanks sludgey. I bench tested the camera for hours on the bike and it worked OK, No issues. Could be loose wire, imperfect power supply. I've got a couple of things to try. I might get in a relay kill switch so I can start it after the bike is running but it will turn off normally. Cheers

Thanks sludgey. I bench tested the camera for hours on the bike and it worked OK, No issues. Could be loose wire, imperfect power supply. I've got a couple of things to try. I might get in a relay kill switch so I can start it after the bike is running but it will turn off normally. Cheers
if this cam is USB powered, you can perhaps try powering it from a USB power bank. this will eliminate (or incriminate) the power supply being fed from the bike's system.

Latest update -
I received a 64gb Transcend Premium microsd SDXC Class 10 45mb/s USH-I U1 card and fitted it to the DVR after formatting it (I did note that it formatted as exFAT; Google says this is the updated version of FAT32). I powered the unit using a USB phone charger for 4 hours and checked what I had. I had 4 hours of 3 min clips of my garage door; excellent. Rode to work and back yesterday and pulled the card when I got home; nothing. Hadn't recorded anything. G Sensor is OFF. I'm suspecting that the power module is flaky.
Stopped on the way to work this morning and 10 mins after turning the ignition off, the "eyes" on the DVR were solid red, even though the charging indicator had gone out (power off is set to 3 mins). No files when viewed on the iPhone app.
Could really do with a little help here as BulletHD support aren't returning any emails and I'm not sure if the FaceBook page for BulletHD is the manufacturer (I'm trying to get support through Messenger). This has the potential to be a great camera, if it worked as it should!

perhaps try another sd card, or if you don't have one, then test this one using H2TestW (link in my signature). back up any files you want to keep on the SD card, such as the settings file, since the test routine needs a completely blank, freshly formatted card to work right. random missing/corrupt files is one of the most common symptoms of a bad/fake memory card.

How would I use H2TESTW? Downloaded it but it's not very intuitive. Shows that my new card has 60gb on it...

Exfat is not the replacement, it's completely different and not backwards compatible with fat32. If you can, format it in the DVR itself for best results.

Latest update -
I received a 64gb Transcend Premium microsd SDXC Class 10 45mb/s USH-I U1 card and fitted it to the DVR after formatting it (I did note that it formatted as exFAT; Google says this is the updated version of FAT32). I powered the unit using a USB phone charger for 4 hours and checked what I had. I had 4 hours of 3 min clips of my garage door; excellent. Rode to work and back yesterday and pulled the card when I got home; nothing. Hadn't recorded anything. G Sensor is OFF. I'm suspecting that the power module is flaky.
Stopped on the way to work this morning and 10 mins after turning the ignition off, the "eyes" on the DVR were solid red, even though the charging indicator had gone out (power off is set to 3 mins). No files when viewed on the iPhone app.
Could really do with a little help here as BulletHD support aren't returning any emails and I'm not sure if the FaceBook page for BulletHD is the manufacturer (I'm trying to get support through Messenger). This has the potential to be a great camera, if it worked as it should!
Did you try my 'switch' theory?
Start the bike THEN connect power to the dvr. Check that the unit is recording (assuming the 'eyes' indicate this?) then set off on a ride.
Since it runs fine off a powerbank, the cam is obviously OK, there is obviously something wrong with the power supply from the bike. Maybe the cam isn't getting a constant supply? Scotchloks aren't always the best connectors. Fuses can wriggle loose, even USB plugs can wriggle free.
Perhaps something else on the same circuit (or even on the bike) is drawing a lot of power - a pair of indicators (for example). Is the battery on the bike in decent condition? Is the alternator putting out enough power for everything that's running?

a consistently stable power supply is needed but not always achievable on a bike, voltage can fluctuate quite a lot on some models which is a challenge to deal with

Is there anyone out there who can actually say they have the unit installed and have had NO issues? It'd be nice to know what they did to get it going. As I found out, that was impossible, straight out of the box.
I hope this upgrade that people have been talking about, addresses more than just making a metal camera body.
Been running for a full season on my Triumph, I haven't even updated the firmware since the first few months, and it's been working flawlessly. I don't think I changed any settings from default other than the G Sensor.

Thanks Knolly. Well done. How did you patch into your bike power? Is your battery good condition? Can you post some pics of your install. I've just borrowed a phone charger battery pack to check my power supply. Going to check battery and alternator. Cheers

Back