Dual cam or 2 independent cameras?

AndySnapper

Reaction score
I have been using a Blackvue DR550GW-2CH Wi-Fi which I have just removed from my previous vehicle.

In my new car I am considering whether to give-up on the Blackvue as the quality of the rear camera was always so poor in comparison and the front camera not great either.

I was wondering if fitting two independent mini 806 cameras to the front and rear of my new car would be a better option. Has any one here experience of this method and did it prove to be an improvement?

Many thanks!

Andy

if you get good ones the 0806 would provide better video, kind of product you'd want to buy locally though

if you get good ones the 0806 would provide better video, kind of product you'd want to buy locally though
That's what I was hoping!

I have purchased a mini 0806 (from Combi here in the UK) to test out before buying any more. I am impressed by the much improved sound as well on the mini 0806, as compared to my Blackvue (which was absolutely awful).

Thanks for your reply.

Andy

Unfortunately it appears I got a bad one :-(

Lots of problems using genuine Sandisk and Kingston memory with freezing and I am also dubious about the battery and firmware. Also discovered consecutive file numbers do not feature the corresponding video locations so as it stands, completely useless.

Giving dealer (Combi UK) a fair chance to put things right but have lost confidence in this product and if this fails will have no alternative to ask for full refund. In fairness to Combi UK they seem to have a very professional response to customer service and certainly deserve the opportunity to have another go. Will update on progress and outcome.

Had high hopes for this camera so more than a bit disappointed at present.

Andy

I used to love the mini series, great quality for the price. But reliability seems to have gone downhill now. Running two SG9665GC now and even the BMW technicians didn't spot them during servicing and a test drive.

Unfortunately it appears I got a bad one :-(

Lots of problems using genuine Sandisk and Kingston memory with freezing and I am also dubious about the battery and firmware. Also discovered consecutive file numbers do not feature the corresponding video locations so as it stands, completely useless.

Giving dealer (Combi UK) a fair chance to put things right but have lost confidence in this product and if this fails will have no alternative to ask for full refund. In fairness to Combi UK they seem to have a very professional response to customer service and certainly deserve the opportunity to have another go. Will update on progress and outcome.

Had high hopes for this camera so more than a bit disappointed at present.

Andy

you should be fine from a service standpoint, feedback on Combi is all positive to date

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Peter Wilson DR550GW-2CH 23
Back