Question Regarding 806 GPS Data

DashCamAndy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been an 806 owner for twelve whole days now, this is my second dashcam but my first with GPS capabilities.

I have been toying with using the GPS data in YouTube videos, and have recently discovered DashWare software, which really got me thinking creatively about using what data is available to me...

I have been struggling for days trying to figure out what format the GPS data is in, since DashWare sees GPS data within the video files themselves, and attempts to import the *.log files generated, but cannot recognize the format in the video files and I need to manually configure a template to read/import the *.log files properly.

Can anyone provide some insight as to what data is logged where, and what labels are assigned to what, or even what format the data is saved in so I can rename/convert those files into a usable format? Because I am totally a noob to GPS stuff, and I can't make heads or tails out of some of this. :-(

Thank you for any help you can provide!
--Andy

have a look at Registrator Viewer, with some cameras there is an option to export the GPS data into other formats that you may find more useful

I've been an 806 owner for twelve whole days now, this is my second dashcam but my first with GPS capabilities.

I have been toying with using the GPS data in YouTube videos, and have recently discovered DashWare software, which really got me thinking creatively about using what data is available to me...

I have been struggling for days trying to figure out what format the GPS data is in, since DashWare sees GPS data within the video files themselves, and attempts to import the *.log files generated, but cannot recognize the format in the video files and I need to manually configure a template to read/import the *.log files properly.

Can anyone provide some insight as to what data is logged where, and what labels are assigned to what, or even what format the data is saved in so I can rename/convert those files into a usable format? Because I am totally a noob to GPS stuff, and I can't make heads or tails out of some of this. :-(

Thank you for any help you can provide!
--Andy

Here you go:
Format of GPS data?

Thank you both! I knew about Registrator Viewer, but didn't know it had a GPS log converter... After looking at the *.log files and the post lacibaci mentions (which was a help understanding what-was-what), I first converted the *.log to CSV and setup manual templates, no joy there. I tried again, converting to GPX, loaded the video file and converted GPS log, and voilà! Exactly what I was looking to accomplish! And didn't need to fiddle with a custom template! :-D

Thank you again! Now, off to chroma-key the background video and export, so I can pull it into Sony Vegas and REALLY have some fun!
--Andy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
unpaidbill Mini 0806 1
unpaidbill Mini 0806 3
Ray1968 Mini 0806 4
C Mini 0806 8
O Mini 0806 19
Back