SGZC12RC wiping card?

Brian Platzbecker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGZC12RC
Hey guys,

So i have had this dashcam running for a while now without many issues, (had to change cards) but am running into a new issue.

Every week or so, the dashcam will show this screen, with no input from me. It wont let me access the menu until i pull the card, but then i cannot format it.

This requires me to plug it into my laptop, format it, then put it back in the dashcam. I have to look at the unit most days now to see if its recording or if it has crapped out.

Card or Cam? This is card #2. PNY 64gb

Thanks
hgnGO6d.jpg

I'm getting this issue too on two 64gb cards, the lexar provided when i bought it in January from Niko and a Samsung evo+
Can't format card within the unit only on a PC then either card is good for between 1 and 5 days, whether i full format or chkdsk it.
Chkdsk /f fixes boot errors and the card is again usable, files available. As it should be running 24/7 having to check every morning to see if it's still working kinda defeats the object of having it.

upload_2016-4-27_15-56-17.png

Mine is
2015-11-04 21:00

Hey guys,

So i have had this dashcam running for a while now without many issues, (had to change cards) but am running into a new issue.

Every week or so, the dashcam will show this screen, with no input from me. It wont let me access the menu until i pull the card, but then i cannot format it.

This requires me to plug it into my laptop, format it, then put it back in the dashcam. I have to look at the unit most days now to see if its recording or if it has crapped out.

Card or Cam? This is card #2. PNY 64gb

Thanks
hgnGO6d.jpg

I'm getting this issue too on two 64gb cards, the lexar provided when i bought it in January from Niko and a Samsung evo+
Can't format card within the unit only on a PC then either card is good for between 1 and 5 days, whether i full format or chkdsk it.
Chkdsk /f fixes boot errors and the card is again usable, files available. As it should be running 24/7 having to check every morning to see if it's still working kinda defeats the object of having it.

View attachment 22754

What other settings do you have selected ( files length, "motion detection ON or OFF", G-sensor value etc. ), so we can see if there might be some path, because there was no similar reports till now.

It's probably just a coincidence but I've found turning off the g sensor seems to stop any card issues. But it's probably just a coincidence as said.

No, an SG9665GC. But just thought it worth mentioning in the very off chance.

What other settings do you have selected ( files length, "motion detection ON or OFF", G-sensor value etc. ), so we can see if there might be some path, because there was no similar reports till now.

Record Setup: 1 min High
Motion Detect: On
G Sensor: Low

BDP is set to 12 or 12.2v & unlimited timer

Performance of both cards has steadily reduced since new with the most marked drop in performance on the lexar when changing to 1 min file lengths some 2 months ago.
The Lexar was always the weaker of the 2 cards and i would only swap this with the samsung card if there was some footage i wanted to view (or needed to reformat), however over the last 4 weeks both cards have have become as unreliable as each other.

It's possible I've just been unlucky with the 2 sd cards so i will try a 3rd but that does mean I'm on my 3rd card within 4 months of buying this dashcam and that isn't so great.

I should say that with the exception of the SD card issue i'm having i am pleased with the cam, it does all the stuff i wanted (parking mode) and it does it well.
Given that only 2 of us have reported this issue then hopefully a 3rd sd will resolve it. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Record Setup: 1 min High
Motion Detect: On
G Sensor: Low

BDP is set to 12 or 12.2v & unlimited timer

Performance of both cards has steadily reduced since new with the most marked drop in performance on the lexar when changing to 1 min file lengths some 2 months ago.
The Lexar was always the weaker of the 2 cards and i would only swap this with the samsung card if there was some footage i wanted to view (or needed to reformat), however over the last 4 weeks both cards have have become as unreliable as each other.

It's possible I've just been unlucky with the 2 sd cards so i will try a 3rd but that does mean I'm on my 3rd card within 4 months of buying this dashcam and that isn't so great.
Thanks for detailed replay.
How much approx. recording dashcam has per day / werk / month ?

Thanks for detailed replay.
How much approx. recording dashcam has per day / werk / month ?

I get around 10-12hrs before the card overwrites, so the card i have just swapped today (because it became unreadable) is full and has files from 26/04/2016 16:52 through to 27/04/2016 03:08, it's been in since Sunday so it has overwritten itself at least 5 or 6 times

The cam is on 24/7 and i'm parked on a main road so it is kept busy.

Sorry for the delay.

I am running 1080@30, cyclic time of 2 min.

motion detect on. G sensor mid.

1.01.02 firmware

What card are you on now and how's it performing wozzzza?
same but I have a bit later beta firmware and issue hasn't arisen anymore since.

Back