Best Buy gift card - Which cam should I buy

esox07

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Looking
OK, I just won a $250 Best Buy gift card and am thinking about upgrading from my A118C. It is OK, but I don't think the video quality is as good as it should be and I cannot get the GPS function to work. I have tried two GPS modules and neither are recognized and they both result in corrupted video segments and cause the cam to reboot randomly. So, I was thinking of replacing it or maybe just moving that one to the rear and putting a newer, better one up front.
I drive a 2013 Chevy Silverado. What camera from Best Buy would you recommend. Since it is a Best Buy gift card, the camera will have to come from them. If a less expensive camera would be the best choice, that is fine, I don't have to spend the whole $250 on the dash cam.
My concerns are video quality and a secondary wish would be something that will do parking mode well or whatever it is that will activate the camera when it senses movement in the field of view.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks.

OK, I just won a $250 Best Buy gift card and am thinking about upgrading from my A118C.
Unfortunately looking at BestBuy's website is not very positive looking. All the cameras listed there are kind of junk except for maybe the ThinkWare ones, and they seem to be more then or a big chunk of your gift card. I would go to BestBuy and try to use your gift card to buy an Amazon gift card if they let you and go from there.

Unfortunately looking at BestBuy's website is not very positive looking. All the cameras listed there are kind of junk except for maybe the ThinkWare ones, and they seem to be more then or a big chunk of your gift card. I would go to BestBuy and try to use your gift card to buy an Amazon gift card if they let you and go from there.

or just on sell the gift card

Hmmmm, thats an idea. OK, provided they let me, what camera on amazon would you suggest...
I would take a loss if I sold the card. If it wasn't too much, I could go that route, but if I can just exchange it for an amazon card, then that would be ideal. It isn't hard to find what you want on Amazon.

what camera on amazon would you suggest
It depends on what you need.
I like the Ausdom A261. It features an A7LA chipset GPS built in and great video, but I can't recall if it has parking mode, or if you wanted something really high end look at something from Street Guardian on Amazon.

I could possibly get a price match at Best buy as they carry it also
I doubt it because it is not sold by BestBuy it is sold by a 3rd party. "Sold by Cameta Camera "
The A261 is a similar looking camera that I have personally tested and really like.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00X5IH2X2

And it doesn't look like Best Buy sells Amazon.com gift cards....seems like they would be a direct competitor. So, it looks like it will have to be one on the BB web site or I find something else to spend the money on.

Back