GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I believe the normal color profile has too much contrast and the blacks are too deep. This forces to move the EV up and details are lost then in the highlights (forget about clouds!). Less contrast will improve dynamic range, side to side comparisons against other cams would be favorable to Git2 clearly since the thing you noticed inmediately is how underexposed the Git2 is compared to other cams.
+1 just this.

Thanks for all effort on this camera gitup, I'm an happy user and i recommend to my friends that are ordering too, this level of cs made me love this company/camera. Great job so far.

I believe the normal color profile has too much contrast and the blacks are too deep. This forces to move the EV up and details are lost then in the highlights (forget about clouds!). Less contrast will improve dynamic range, side to side comparisons against other cams would be favorable to Git2 clearly since the thing you noticed inmediately is how underexposed the Git2 is compared to other cams.

Although by reducing contrast digitally, up blacks a little and and down saturation, it is now possible to obtain good results without noise, a real flat profile I think it would be quite interesting.

Hi @Gitup I have a problem (maybe is my camera or maybe a bug in fw) when the camera is ON and the screen is OFF:

in picture mode--> I push the video button in my RC wristband and starts recording its OK

In video mode--> I push video button in my RC wristband and here is the problem it just wake up the screen, I have to push it one more time to start recording. And for stop the video I have to push the shutdown button instead of the video button again (I consider it much less intuitive...)

Please test it, I want to know if is only my problem. If it was firmware bug you should fix it because RC seems less valuable. Thanks

Pd. I have activated both rc modes in my configuration

Saludos, J

Saludos J, i have mentioned this in a previouse post, i have the same issue, its not exactly a problem more of an anoyance for me as i wear the cam on a helmet and can not see the led to see if its recording or not.

Use Git2 as web camera on Windows 10, please download the latest K-Lite Codec Pack, and preview the video with AMCAP 9.2 or 9.22.
I have tested it with Amcap and Skype without problems.

Saludos J, i have mentioned this in a previouse post, i have the same issue, its not exactly a problem more of an anoyance for me as i wear the cam on a helmet and can not see the led to see if its recording or not.
So it is not fixable by updating firmware? I find useless the rc feature in that case

Saludos, J

omegamoto neither option works because once the screen is off the first press wakes the screen and you then have to press again, as i said not exactly a problem but more of an anoyance for me. the only way i can see to avoid this, is to have the screen on all the time, maybe some one could tell me how much this would impact on battery life.

@gitup

In camera-photo mode: Is there a way to specify duration along with time laspe?

For instance, take a photo every 1 minute for a total of 30 mins.

Thanks...

If not, this would be a useful feature to add via firmware?

This may seem silly, but is it possible to buy replacement lens caps from gitup? I lost mine... I'm referring to the whitish silicon cap the git2 ships with. Thanks!

This may seem silly, but is it possible to buy replacement lens caps from gitup? I lost mine... I'm referring to the whitish silicon cap the git2 ships with. Thanks!
+1
I've just lost mine on Sunday.

One video made with my Git2, some colour's are a little different because used a CPL filter and don't chose the best settings to record with them (someone who using CPL filter can give some tips?). Lost some quality/detail after upload to youtube.

Wish we had walks like that here, sure we walk too but the vistas are not so good looking.

Just got my Git2. And I agree... the biggest weakness is the dynamic range compared to Xiaomi Yi with proper scripts. Or even compared to a GoPro.
The Git2 is too contrasty. And it destroys the overall image quality in my opinion. I rather have the option for a flatter video so I can adjust the contrast in post.

Gonna start to read back. Hopefully there's a way to run scripts like on the Yi to change some of the options not exposed via the Git2 regular menu.

Almost the perfect GoPro alternative.

Hi all,

Anyone experienced Gitup losing totall battery charge in a few days turned off?
On time, i will test upgrading to FW1.4, test with another battery, and check if i have any issue on time/date.

Could this be caused by time/date issues reported, descharging batery to keep this infos on cam memory?

Hi all,

Just tested with 2 original gitup batteries and running fw 1.4. Battery last 3/4 days max with cam OFF!
Any suggestion about what and how fix this?

With battery out of the camera, it just keep full charge. So, both batteries seems ok to me.

I remember someone in the past having some kind of problems with capacitores/resistences being in touch with some other internal cam components...

:/

With battery out of the camera, it just keep full charge. So, both batteries seems ok to me.

so maybe don't store the batteries in the camera ;)

I remember someone in the past having some kind of problems with capacitores/resistences being in touch with some other internal cam components...

:/

that was the Xiaomi camera

It just annoying lose all charge every time i rest my cam, and losing system date/time results in a footage mix inside mSD card.

Back