Vico-MF2 GPS

Utsav

Reaction score
Country
Australia
  • Vico_2016462329.jpg
VICO-MF2

Extraordinary yet inexpensive! MF2 is equipped with high level Ambarella A7 processor and GPS module. It is able to record clear images under 1296p high resolution and High Dynamic Range technology. With the built in 3" screen, you are able to watch exceptional quality videos anytime and anywhere now.

• Model
    Vico-MF2
  • Image Processor
    Ambarella A7 inside
  • Sensor
    4 Mega Pixel CMOS
  • Lens
    F/1.8, 6G Mega Pixel Lens
  • View Angle
    150º (diagonal)
  • Resolution
    2304 x 1296 @ 30fps (Extreme HD 1296p)

2560 x 1080 @ 30fps (Movie Mode)

1920 x 1080 HDR @ 30fps ( 1080p @ 30fps)

1280 x 720 @ 60fps

1280 x 720 @ 30fps

• LCD Display
  • G-Sensor
    3 Axis G-Sensor built-in
  • U-HDR
    Ultra-HDR (High Dynamic Range) 3D Noise Reduction
  • Output interface
    HD-Out/ USB2.0
  • Audio
    Audio Recording/Mute
  • Certificate
    CE / FCC / BSMI (D33i02) / ROHS
  • Video
    H.264 @ .MOV file
  • Storage
    Support Micro SDXC/SDHC Class10 only
  • Language
    English / Traditional Chinese / Simplified Chinese
  • Power
    USB Cigar Charger (Input: 12V~24V, Output: 5V/1A)
  • Operation Temp.
    0°C ~ 75°C
  • Storage Temp.
    -20°C ~ 85°C
  • Dimension
    100mm(L) x 62mm(W) x 30mm(H)
  • Human Tech.
    Circular Recording
    Emergency Record
    Seamless Record
    G-Sensor Triggered Record
    Engine-on Auto Recording
    Image flip
    Time Date Stamp
    Vico-Tag

• Package Accessories
    Vico 4 Meter Cigar Car Charger
    Suction Bracket
    Installation Guide
    Warranty Card
    3M Sticker Bracket
    GPS module

• Optional Accessories
    Vico-Power PLUS
Vico_2016461571.jpg

Vico_20164615716.jpg

Vico_20164615738.jpg

Vico_20164615811.jpg

Vico_20164615827.jpg

Vico_20164615841.jpg

So I got hold of my new Vicovation MF2 GPS from www.dashcamscentral.com.au yesterday @Chris Hunt , It is a great camera for the budget price range ($199). It has excellent video quality during day and night. The GPS also works without any flaws and the good thing is that it is a removable external part. The only downside I have felt about this camera is not having a smart parking mode. Although there is a parking mode but you have to enable the parking mode each time manually and it has to be connected to external power source after the car ignition has been turned off. You can also purchase a Vico Power Plus for back up power but it is additional $90.

I have uploaded some day and night FHD files and would love to hear some comments on it.

Day time -
Night time - The clips have been trimmed and joined to show various lighting conditions.

has this model got a battery inside?

No it doesn't. It has super capacitors instead. Can see 2x caps inside the mount.
upload_2016-5-6_13-44-5.png

Attachments

• IMG_4702.JPG
    IMG_4702.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4701.JPG
    IMG_4701.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 23
would have been a backward step if it did, good to see they got the manufacturer to update it though, it was previously only a battery model

So I got hold of my new Vicovation MF2 GPS from www.dashcamscentral.com.au yesterday @Chris Hunt , It is a great camera for the budget price range ($199). It has excellent video quality during day and night. The GPS also works without any flaws and the good thing is that it is a removable external part. The only downside I have felt about this camera is not having a smart parking mode. Although there is a parking mode but you have to enable the parking mode each time manually and it has to be connected to external power source after the car ignition has been turned off. You can also purchase a Vico Power Plus for back up power but it is additional $90.

I have uploaded some day and night FHD files and would love to hear some comments on it.

Day time -
Night time - The clips have been trimmed and joined to show various lighting conditions.

No too many sample videos out there at the moment for this camera. Do you mind I link these these to our website?

It is on sale in Amazon.com and eBay.

Day time -

Thanks for the info mate I have seen both videos and look pretty good to me especialy at that price point. And handy too know about the parking feature as I didn't
think it had that option. for parking mode you definatley need the power plus controller anyway so not realy a big deal. One thing I would like to know is if there is
a CPL filter available for this camera?

Thanks for the info mate I have seen both videos and look pretty good to me especialy at that price point. And handy too know about the parking feature as I didn't
think it had that option. for parking mode you definatley need the power plus controller anyway so not realy a big deal. One thing I would like to know is if there is
a CPL filter available for this camera?

No CPL Filter option available for the MF2-GPS...

No CPL Filter option available for the MF2-GPS...

Yeah I looked everywhere but I will just have to custom make one then, and Chris I know your site very well and will be ordering shortly but One more question is what brand of Micro Sd cards are you selling, I have noticed on the new opia2 which is about to be released they state that the sandisk card is too slow and won't support the camera, is this the case with this model.

We usually supply Samsung EVO Class 10 cards which is our preferred option. On occasion when the Samsung cards are in short supply we need to switch to Kingston Class 10 cards. To date we have not had one single problem with either of these two cards.
Based on all of the feedback on DCT and elsewhere I have never trialed or sold Sandisk cards... just not our Preferred option.

Samsung cards are back in good supply for us now so we are shipping everything with these for the time being.

Thanks Chris thats good to hear, You are quite a bit cheaper than your main compeditor as well nice work.

Bye the way I recieved confirmation from Vicovation that they plan on releasing a CPL filter in the futre but thats all they would say. Cheers

Thanks Chris thats good to hear, You are quite a bit cheaper than your main compeditor as well nice work.

Bye the way I recieved confirmation from Vicovation that they plan on releasing a CPL filter in the futre but thats all they would say. Cheers
Lead times from "we're releasing something soon" to actually being in market, are usually about the same length as a piece of string (for any manufacturer!) :)

Yeah I kind of figured that. lol I won't be holding my breath that for sure.

@Madd66 and @Utsav i am considering this model as well. May I ask how much you purchase them and does it include the SD card? If so, how big is the SD card do you think should be good (16gb, 32gb or 64gb). So far are you happy with your purchase? Would appreciate your experience.

@Madd66 and @Utsav i am considering this model as well. May I ask how much you purchase them and does it include the SD card? If so, how big is the SD card do you think should be good (16gb, 32gb or 64gb). So far are you happy with your purchase? Would appreciate your experience.

Sorry mate I can't help you with this cam as I went with the opia 2, generally the SD cards are an optional extra but depends on the deal at the time.

Vicodirect.com sells at 169.99 with no shipping cost worldwide.

Hi,

I bought mine through http://www.dashcamscentral.com.au/ @Chris Hunt . It was for $199 without SD card. 64 GB card preferred as you can at least record it for around 8 hours.
I am extremely happy with this purchase of MF2. Highly recommended for the price and it is best quality in comparison to the chinese / mini cams.

I just purchased this camera and I am hoping someone who already has one might be able to help me out. I have a couple of issues that whilst aren't completely devastating are still annoying,

1. The GPS works on the camera in that it shows the speed but when I go to view the video file in the HD player there is no GPS tracking. Is there something I have to enable or another accessory besides the GPS input that came in the box?
2. I cant get the time zone setting to South Australia which is 9.5+ GMT, there is no option for half settings on the time zone setting which means everytime I turn it on after manually entering the time correctly it updates to be 30 minutes out.
3. The quality of video I seem to be recording is not even close to the videos displayed here. I have tried playing with the settings with no luck changing the resolution etc. Is anyone changing the exposure settings or just using the camera defaults?

Thanks

Back