SJCAM 5000x Elite Sound/Rattle Issue

kyoo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone else having sound issues with their SJCAM? Mine is making electric/buzzing noises similar to what I got rid of my M10+ for. I have the May 11 2016 update (latest).

Happens intermittently throughout the video - everything is securely mounted - especially prominent at the end. Have not purchased an issue-free camera from this manufacturer - seriously.

Could it be one of the settings I have turned on? Wifi is off, as is Gyro, but WDR is on, etc.

Or here - it doesn't happen the whole video - then starts at 50s, then gets really bad at 58s

Here's a video I took JUST now - no case, just shaking the camera while recording:

I bought this camera in February from B&H photo - will SJCAM be willing to replace it? We'll see here how their customer services compares to shops like Go Pro

Last edited:
that's a physical vibration, bracket, buttons, something inside the camera etc, not menu settings related

yea - it must be inside the camera - see update - last video is with no case on it - just shaking the camera in my hand - obviously not as crazy as in the racing videos, but something is loose or something - it is not audible from the outside.

yea - it must be inside the camera - see update - last video is with no case on it - just shaking the camera in my hand - obviously not as crazy as in the racing videos, but something is loose or something - it is not audible from the outside.

Hi Kyoo... I'm running the same problem... did you solve it? Can tell me how to do?

Thanks!

Back