Best quality generic capacitor camera

sshazam

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello all,

I need to buy two cameras for my friends car.
I'm really happy with my SG street guardians bit it's out of the budget at the moment. Hoping to spend up to $100 each.

I'm based in Australia and I know heat is a killer so looking for the best quality Chinese cameras with a capacitor. I'm thinking A11c but not sure if the Gw1-c would be a better buy ?

One positive is the camera only needs to be on when driving so don't care about parking mode. Just looking for the best capacitor based camera in this price range.

what time frame?

Was hoping to buy it soon but happy to wait a bit.

I know theres a new A119 coming out but i'm not sure how reliable it would be since its a new model.

Hi Jokiin, any chance of posting your recommendation here please? =)
The 2 A118C that I got from Gadgetbest just lost focus and being in Perth Australia.. the heat is a killer.
I like to run the cam even when the car is park and I have a Blackvue Powermagic pro for that purpose. Helped a lot when car got broken into when it was parked.
Was looking at the Lukas or the Vicovation. But more than happy to see what else you will recommend.
My budget is really below $150 is possible.. =(

the A118C aren't really suitable to run like that, having capacitors is one thing but the lenses in those aren't great for higher temps

the Lukas or Vicovation models are both pretty equal, either one should do the job for you, only thing with Vicovation is I wouldn't use any of their 2 channel models, they have issues, the single channel product is all ok though

hi Jokiin
Thank you for your reply..
The Vico is my choice.. but seeing how i need to get 2.. the price is way out of my budget. Is there anything around the $150 mark you can recommend.

The only two channel in that sort of price range is the Blacksys CF100, it has some shortcomings as well but most people seem to overlook that due to the bang for buck it offers

Thank you Jokiin,
My apology.. when I meant get '2', I meant one for myself and one for the Missus. Not a 2 channels back and front.
I had looked at Blacksys CF100 - but not too confident about it operating under Perth's heat.. had some users stating that the casing melts. =)

Ok, sorry, thought you meant front and rear, if it's $150 per single channel camera that's a lot easier

Back