Innovv C1 USB transfer issues

CTPAX0101

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello DashcamTalk community.

I am a 2 weeks proud owner of a Innovv C1 action cam , and must say congratulations to the development because it is indeed a stylish and impressive performing camera.

Now , I appeal to your experience in hope that someone could shed some light in my little misfortune.

I will try to keep this as brief and clear as possible.

Even from the start , the camera had a metallic rattling noise inside. Took it apart and to my surprise there was a extra mounting screw . Since it was already disassembled I added a 2mm thick AG Termopad (1.5W/mK) over the video processor to help dissipate the heat.

For the next days the camera performed excellent.

And now , my little misfortune:

I may have used a different USB data cable (was a simple accident) and suspect that I have damaged some components over the USB_DM track.

Took the camera apart again , set my multimeter to continuity to test the original cable and everything seems to be in order.
The other one has a totally different configuration. Pin2 and Pin3 ( from left to right pin1=GND) are connected. As a result I surged the USB data – with 5V.

The camera still works however it behaves a bit different.
It will charge normally, but it will not record on power. And also , it is not recognized as a mass storage device when connected to a computer.
All other functions are working properly.

In other words, it tries to switch to transfer mode but someway among the process the link is not achieved.

So I went back to square one and tried to identify what may have burned out.
From my experience, data transfer on most USB charged devices go trough 1-10Ohm resistor or some sort of RFC just to prevent overload.

I have spent a few hours under a magnifying glass and I am still unable to find where USB_DM and USB_DP lead to or what other components are involved until reaching pin F19 and G19 of the NT96650

Also , it seems that this video processor uses a 12k resistor to GND as a USB voltage reference.
Unable to find that one as well.

So far , these tracks (pin3 and pin4) go straight from the usb socket to a set bridge holes in the other side of the PCB ( located right near the negative terminal of the battery) and there I lost them. Makes me wonder if there are more then 2 layers involved on the mainboard.
Additionally, the black paint looks awesome but it my case it`s a bit of a nightmare.

If there is anyone who understands what I am dealing with, then your help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello DashcamTalk community.

I am a 2 weeks proud owner of a Innovv C1 action cam , and must say congratulations to the development because it is indeed a stylish and impressive performing camera.

Now , I appeal to your experience in hope that someone could shed some light in my little misfortune.

I will try to keep this as brief and clear as possible.

Even from the start , the camera had a metallic rattling noise inside. Took it apart and to my surprise there was a extra mounting screw . Since it was already disassembled I added a 2mm thick AG Termopad (1.5W/mK) over the video processor to help dissipate the heat.

For the next days the camera performed excellent.

And now , my little misfortune:

I may have used a different USB data cable (was a simple accident) and suspect that I have damaged some components over the USB_DM track.

Took the camera apart again , set my multimeter to continuity to test the original cable and everything seems to be in order.
The other one has a totally different configuration. Pin2 and Pin3 ( from left to right pin1=GND) are connected. As a result I surged the USB data – with 5V.

The camera still works however it behaves a bit different.
It will charge normally, but it will not record on power. And also , it is not recognized as a mass storage device when connected to a computer.
All other functions are working properly.

In other words, it tries to switch to transfer mode but someway among the process the link is not achieved.

So I went back to square one and tried to identify what may have burned out.
From my experience, data transfer on most USB charged devices go trough 1-10Ohm resistor or some sort of RFC just to prevent overload.

I have spent a few hours under a magnifying glass and I am still unable to find where USB_DM and USB_DP lead to or what other components are involved until reaching pin F19 and G19 of the NT96650

Also , it seems that this video processor uses a 12k resistor to GND as a USB voltage reference.
Unable to find that one as well.

So far , these tracks (pin3 and pin4) go straight from the usb socket to a set bridge holes in the other side of the PCB ( located right near the negative terminal of the battery) and there I lost them. Makes me wonder if there are more then 2 layers involved on the mainboard.
Additionally, the black paint looks awesome but it my case it`s a bit of a nightmare.

If there is anyone who understands what I am dealing with, then your help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!
My C1 does not auto record on car power .Anyone found an answer to repair /reset etc etc .....Thanks

Hello Sydney, my case was a bit different than yours . I use a C1 nearly all the day but I barely visit the dash-cam talk forum….and so …I apologize for the late reply . At the time, my misfortune was due to a short-circuit and frying a pcb track ( what I needed was the circuit diagrams of the camera itself , not sure that the manufacturer will provide such information to a stranger) . What`s happening with your C2 may be something different. The following assumptions may be dead wrong …however … I could be right. Most of these little cameras have the tendency to use a a sot23-5 / sot23-6 charging IC..like SGM4054 /4055 / UN8HX that limits the charging current to 90mA. I wonder if they use this configuration of custom cables and current limiting in order to discriminate the charging mode from the data transfer mode. Not having your camera on the workbench makes it a bit more difficult. My advice would be to take it to local GSM service shop … I’m more than sure that they have the tools and the knowledge to give you an answer. It`s a nice camera , so …don`t give up J .

This may be helpful as well https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/replacing-a-burnt-out-un8hx-chip-on-the-dimika-dash-cam.6060/

Cheers mate.

Hello Sydney, my case was a bit different than yours . I use a C1 nearly all the day but I barely visit the dash-cam talk forum….and so …I apologize for the late reply . At the time, my misfortune was due to a short-circuit and frying a pcb track ( what I needed was the circuit diagrams of the camera itself , not sure that the manufacturer will provide such information to a stranger) . What`s happening with your C2 may be something different. The following assumptions may be dead wrong …however … I could be right. Most of these little cameras have the tendency to use a a sot23-5 / sot23-6 charging IC..like SGM4054 /4055 / UN8HX that limits the charging current to 90mA. I wonder if they use this configuration of custom cables and current limiting in order to discriminate the charging mode from the data transfer mode. Not having your camera on the workbench makes it a bit more difficult. My advice would be to take it to local GSM service shop … I’m more than sure that they have the tools and the knowledge to give you an answer. It`s a nice camera , so …don`t give up J .

This may be helpful as well https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/replacing-a-burnt-out-un8hx-chip-on-the-dimika-dash-cam.6060/

Cheers mate.
Thanks for your detailed reply ...will explore a repair.

Back