sj4000+ plus, webcam not working, wifi disconnected, detect motion weird

erick81

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
hello, i bought a sj4000+ plus gyro (firmware 1.9). First, any version windows cannot detect the webcam (video device is unknown on windows device manager), i tested on win7 and win10
Second, when i try connect my cell phone to sj4000+ with "jscam zone app" (android), i can connect fews seconds, after wifi disconnect, i try to connect again several times, but nothing
Detect motion sometimes works and sometimes not

I upgrade firmware 1.9 to 2.9 successfully but all problems are there yet. I checked authenticity from sjcamhd.com with code on the box, camera is authentic.
Somebody have had those problems too ?

Last edited:
hello, i bought a sj4000+ plus gyro (firmware 1.9). First, any version windows cannot detect the webcam (video device is unknown on windows device manager), i tested on win7 and win10
Second, when i try connect my cell phone to sj4000+ with "jscam zone app" (android), i can connect fews seconds, after wifi disconnect, i try to connect again several times, but nothing
Detect motion sometimes works and sometimes not

I upgrade firmware 1.9 to 2.9 successfully but all problems are there yet. I checked authenticity from sjcamhd.com with code on the box, camera is authentic.
Somebody have had those problems too ?
I found that if I remove the memory card my Windows 7 machine will recognize the camera as a webcam.

The motion detection on my SJ4000 WiFi works rather poorly. It only detects motion within a few inches of the camera. It seems this is not a strength of SJCam's.

I haven't had any problems with WiFi or the app using my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone.

I tested webcam function without sd card, but not working

Wifi function not working fine, i can connect fews seconds, after i lost connection, SJCAM zone app says "battery failure" after close, but my phone and camera have full battery. I have a LG G PRO, android 4.1.2, also i tested on samsung S7, the problem is worse, phone can connect to wifi but app says "connecting..."

Back