Useless still photos, slow shutter speed?

yidxc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I'm going away soon and as well as video I want to use my Yi for the odd still photo. I've done some testing this week and all my photos are at a shutter speed of 1/7, 1/15 or 1/30 which is way too slow so all the pics are blurred. At a minimum I'd expect 1/60, 1/100 with decent lighting, as it's an action cam with a supposedly decent Sony Sensor I'd expect even better.

Any tips or ideas? All on stock but I've also tried YiMode preset and got the same.

Thanks.

Are you using any scripts on boot up? What are your pictures of? Does live preview show adjustments when going from bright to dark scenes?

Are you using any scripts on boot up? What are your pictures of? Does live preview show adjustments when going from bright to dark scenes?
I've been doing it without any scripts but I've also just tried it with scripts and still the same. Also factory reset the camera and formatted the mem card in the camera. It's fine for video even at 35mbps. I've using a Samsung Evo 64GB card but have tried others, always a slow shutter speed.
http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/memory-storage/MB-MP64DC/AM

Photo wise I've tried loads, indoor well lit of people, outdoor on a sunny day, even directly at a lights at about 2m away, still a slow shutter. I've uploaded a few pics I just took of my TV, the quality is awful that's due to it been a low res SD channel, all the photos are 1/30 even though the TV is on full brightness in a light room, but it's basically making it impossible to use as a still camera. I'll get some outdoor pics tomorrow, I'd really love to get this fixed by late Thursday for my holiday.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/trhugeeqk86slxc/XiaomiYi.zip?dl=1

Thanks

Anyone able to help? I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Does it correctly preview when transitioning from dark to light scenes? Can you upload the images somewhere instead of a zip file? Can you get a pic outside in sunglight and does that work as expected? Are you still on a hacked firmware?

Back