Dual file saves and wifi connection

Crispman

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

Let me begin by apologizing for any noob questions on my part.

Just got my X and I have a few questions/issues.

Dual file save:
I've noticed that the camera saves 2 files of the exact segment... One is in the best resolution that I've selected (very happy with that) and the other one is a very low resolution (hard to watch). Is this normal and if not how can I make sure it only records the best resolution.

Wifi:

I have trouble connecting with the app, the app connects with the camera but keeps the "connecting" on...I can only use the app after restarting my phone/tablet and restarting the camera.
The resolution on the live view is very poor and downloading the files if simply impossible, it mentions that it's downloading but the percentage keeps at 0%.

Am I being a true noob or must I tweak the settings, please advise.

The THM files is the ones you will see then you use the preview in the APP, thats just how it works with this generation of ambraella chipsets.

What firmware and APP version do you have ? you can see that in the app by pressing the joovuu on top of the main page ( in there you can allso format SD card )

I dont change anyhting on any of my X cameras ( factory tester on those ) i sync date/time set mode 1 to 1080/60 and mode 2 to 1080/30 and i use 3 minute file length.

Dont use any of the fancy stuff, some of it is not quite poerational yet.

The THM files is the ones you will see then you use the preview in the APP, thats just how it works with this generation of ambraella chipsets.

What firmware and APP version do you have ? you can see that in the app by pressing the joovuu on top of the main page ( in there you can allso format SD card )

I dont change anyhting on any of my X cameras ( factory tester on those ) i sync date/time set mode 1 to 1080/60 and mode 2 to 1080/30 and i use 3 minute file length.

Dont use any of the fancy stuff, some of it is not quite poerational yet.

Thanks for your quick help

Below a couple screenshots of the settings, and the download screen which remains on 0% and doesn't download anything

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160614-165258.png
    Screenshot_20160614-165258.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20160614-165419.png
    Screenshot_20160614-165419.png
    505.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20160614-165426.png
    Screenshot_20160614-165426.png
    525.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20160614-165432.png
    Screenshot_20160614-165432.png
    519.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20160614-165447.png
    Screenshot_20160614-165447.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20160614-165340.png
    Screenshot_20160614-165340.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 3
Looks like you have the latest firmware and APP.

During testing i allso had a lot of problems with wifi and connecting, but this was on the preproduction cameras, and it resolved itself with the newer firmwares.

BUT ! i can at times still have problems connecting the 2 things, and to solve this i usioally tell my asus tablet to forget the camera wifi, i then find it again - enter the password for it and is then able to connect.

We did have some discusssions if some problems might be at a result of beeing in a area with a lot of wifi going on, but i am not sure if that discussion panned out into somthing useable.

Looks like you are using pretty standart settings, and i assume what the camera is recording is allright.

I will give that downloading a try the next time i have one of my cameras out of the car, but normally i dont use it, i just put SD card in my card reader as the 90 MB/s transfer speeds i get there is a lot faster than the 12 MB/s i get if i connect the same camera/SD card to the computer, and i assume transferring using wifi to phone/tablet is even slower.

Looks like you have the latest firmware and APP.

During testing i allso had a lot of problems with wifi and connecting, but this was on the preproduction cameras, and it resolved itself with the newer firmwares.

BUT ! i can at times still have problems connecting the 2 things, and to solve this i usioally tell my asus tablet to forget the camera wifi, i then find it again - enter the password for it and is then able to connect.

We did have some discusssions if some problems might be at a result of beeing in a area with a lot of wifi going on, but i am not sure if that discussion panned out into somthing useable.

Looks like you are using pretty standart settings, and i assume what the camera is recording is allright.

I will give that downloading a try the next time i have one of my cameras out of the car, but normally i dont use it, i just put SD card in my card reader as the 90 MB/s transfer speeds i get there is a lot faster than the 12 MB/s i get if i connect the same camera/SD card to the computer, and i assume transferring using wifi to phone/tablet is even slower.

The camera is recording beautifully, love the image that it produces and the sound is clear...

Maybe you know the following

Is it possible to connect the camera directly to my smartphone/tablet with a USB mini to USB c (in my case) to view the files and directly transfer them without taking out de micro SD from the camera?

No that i have no idea about, but maybe some of the ppl on the Joovuu forum knows.

My own phone is a old windows phone, so i have to use a tablet with the camera, but a tablet is hard to carry around, so its only at home i once ina while use those 2 together.
If the camera would work with one of those OTG cables it would be nice, though the transfer speeds of the camera is slow its not so bad if you just grab a single 3 minute file now and then.
But if you like me use a U3 card in the camera then the 90 MB/s it can give in a card reader is to prefer not least if you are going to save a full SD card worth of footage.
Even the 40 - 50 MB/s a U1 card can give in a card reader is 3 - 4 X faster than the speed off the camera connected to a PC.

https://joovuu.com/community/

No that i have no idea about, but maybe some of the ppl on the Joovuu forum knows.

My own phone is a old windows phone, so i have to use a tablet with the camera, but a tablet is hard to carry around, so its only at home i once ina while use those 2 together.
If the camera would work with one of those OTG cables it would be nice, though the transfer speeds of the camera is slow its not so bad if you just grab a single 3 minute file now and then.
But if you like me use a U3 card in the camera then the 90 MB/s it can give in a card reader is to prefer not least if you are going to save a full SD card worth of footage.
Even the 40 - 50 MB/s a U1 card can give in a card reader is 3 - 4 X faster than the speed off the camera connected to a PC.

https://joovuu.com/community/

Curious as I am I've ordered a USB mini to USB connector to see if we can connect a smartphone and/or tablet wired and view/transfer files... I'll keep you posted

Back