Mini 0807

They must've sold tens or hundreds of thousands worldwide.
Hi, do you have any evidence to support those incredible numbers? That would be interesting to know.

Hi, do you have any evidence to support those incredible numbers? That would be interesting to know.
Oh behave.. Do you think that a business which is designing, creating, manufacturing, marketing, distributing these would be making an operating profit on a few thousand units globally? Of course not...

I had an 0805 and it was faulty. I replaced this with another and this is perfect. They must've sold tens or hundreds of thousands worldwide and some are going to be poor, it's a simple fact of manufacturing.

it is a numbers game, you're always going to get faulty one, richest tech company in the world (Apple) can't even make a product that doesn't fail out of the box so what hope do you have here

they haven't sold anything like those numbers but the point is still valid

it is a numbers game, you're always going to get faulty one, richest tech company in the world (Apple) can't even make a product that doesn't fail out of the box so what hope do you have here

they haven't sold anything like those numbers but the point is still valid

Exactly Jokiin. And provided one buys tech from reputable businesses with outstanding Customer Service (I cite Amazon globally, John Lewis and Richer Sounds here in the UK) you wont go far wrong if one has an issue. My first 0805 was awful. A quick call to Amazon and it was retuned FOC and I ordered a replacement and that - fingers crossed - is working flawlessly. These smaller companies don't set-out to produce shoddy product. Oddly, they want to stay in business and I'm amazed at the build and picture quality of this little cam for £70 - for Chrissake it even has GPS! :)

So many problems with my 0806. I feel like I got robbed especially with 0807 coming out.

According to dashcam-france.com the new mini 0807 (or whatever it will be called in the end) will not so much be an evolution of the 0806, but is to be positioned more as an entry level product, effectively a replacement for the 0801. The whole conception of the 0807 inside and out will be slightly different to the 0806 which is likely to continue on sale. There will though be a 2" screen, signaling that the whole product line will eventually have a larger screen. Certainly I think the 0806 screen is just a tad too small.

That makes some sense, wonder if it's just one PCB inside instead of the two currently used...

According to dashcam-france.com the new mini 0807 (or whatever it will be called in the end) will not so much be an evolution of the 0806, but is to be positioned more as an entry level product, effectively a replacement for the 0801. The whole conception of the 0807 inside and out will be slightly different to the 0806 which is likely to continue on sale. There will though be a 2" screen, signaling that the whole product line will eventually have a larger screen. Certainly I think the 0806 screen is just a tad too small.

not sure that's the 0807, it looked much the same as the 0805, just cosmetically different, the 0809 has a larger screen and a different feature set, I think it's possibly too large for some people compared to the other models, part of the attraction has always been the compact size

I would not unerstand that they do not provide the parking guard mount on the 0806 but would on an updated "entry level" 0801... i'm more of the same thought as jokiin on this...

I would not unerstand that they do not provide the parking guard mount on the 0806 but would on an updated "entry level" 0801... i'm more of the same thought as jokiin on this...

I think the whole parking guard mount idea came about after the 0806 was already in production, I'd say if they are able to bring it for a new model but not for the 0806 it would because the idea didn't work with the existing hardware design

The parking guard mount is listed in the manual and in the pronation advertising stuff for the 0806.

There will though be a 2" screen, signaling that the whole product line will eventually have a larger screen. Certainly I think the 0806 screen is just a tad too small.

I don't know how you can physically fit a 2" screen into the case if you want to maintain the small cylindrical shape of this dash cam. If you really want a 2" or bigger screen, then you should look at other dashcam models instead of these Mini 080X line.

I don't know how you can physically fit a 2" screen into the case if you want to maintain the small cylindrical shape of this dash cam. If you really want a 2" or bigger screen, then you should look at other dashcam models instead of these Mini 080X line.
The screen needs to be moved a little further towards the centre of the cylinder so that it has a little more height available, as shown in the images in post #1, although those images don't show a 2" screen, presumably the larger screen is for the more expensive models or an 0801 Pro, not the standard 0801 replacement. It does leave less space for the PCB, a problem that could be solved if a single PCB could be used, or maybe the screen can be mounted on the 2nd PCB. It also leaves no room for the buttons, which may explain why the up/down buttons are shown as a switch on the side instead of next to the screen as they used to be.

Hi everyone,
Just thought I would share that the Mini 0807 is in development and nearing completion. This is China however and the advised availability of 'end of April' will probably be closer to end of May or so. The factory who actually makes them are a great factory and really are trying to complete it, however, they do not want to rush it for once. These are the features they sent over to us today:

•Resolution:2506X1080P ,2304x1296/1920x1080/1280x720
•Ambarella A7LA50
•Lens:wide angle 135 degree
•Sensor: 4.0M pixel CMOS 0V4689
•Built-in Memory (Optional): 8-16GB with copy function for backup video
•External: TF card up to 128GB
•G-sensor:Support
•Support LDWS(Lane Departure Warning System)
•HDR/WDR:support
•GPS track ,google map

0807 seems to be more of a tweaking and 'getting it even more right' than a massive upgrade. I include the pictures they sent over as well. This is more a 'have a look thread', we will not be opening this to pre-orders yet, we also have about as much information at the moment as you do. If you have any questions please ask them and we will try and ask the developers and see what they say.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

==================

Hi all,
I've been waiting patiently for the 0807 and based on this thread was looking for an update on availability toward the end of May. What's the latest estimate on when the 0807 will be available for purchase in the US?

Thanks,
Chris

The 0807 can purchased by Gearbest.com
Does anyone now were to find the firmware for the 0807

Mini 0807 can only do 1920x1080p, no higher resolutions as @JooVuu mentioned in 1st post here.
Resolution:2506X1080P,2304x1296/1920x1080/1280x720

Mini 0807 can only do 1920x1080p, no higher resolutions as @JooVuu mentioned in 1st post here.
Resolution:2506X1080P,2304x1296/1920x1080/1280x720

What is this ? :D

http://www.skyhigh-global.com/En/Down.aspx?UserInfo_ID=862928

NELY1O.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-24_12-50-17.png
    upload_2016-6-24_12-50-17.png
    661.9 KB · Views: 6
Back