DR650GW-2CH Firmware messed up, need help

Smooth

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,
2 weeks ago I had to replace a broken phone and couldnt remember my APP password as I had it set up Auto sign in.

The problem I have (created) is as you know I had to change the password via the viewer but to cut a long story short I buggered it up and have downloaded new firmware which I can and have been sucessfull in doing

Problem : All signs in well and records but I cant view the recorded files through my newly downloaded Blackvue App. This includes live view, Internal storage shows zero files (maybe the viewer is not compatible ??)

So I decided to format the card,initialised the card and got the Version as close to 1.009 which is 1.0011 direct from the Blackvue website,  and am now being asked to check the SD card

I really dont want to download the cloud version but am at a crossroad. ive spent the last 2 days and another 4 hrs today trying to find a proper answer here before posting this.

Being new to this situation I'm not sure which way to move forwards as:

A) Blackvue dont have a version on their website less than 1.0011 from what I can see, Id prefer to keep the old version as I prefer 3 minute recordings rather than 1 minute as I have read with the new Cloud version

B) I dont know what the original version was, or the best version to download if available

C) If I can format,reinitialise, and re download the 1.0011 version I have with a resolution to viewing from my newly downloaded Blackvue App Id be happy with that

Interested in any feedback or suggestions put forward with Thanks in advance

Cheers

Smooth

From what I understand any version less than 2 is the non cloud version and supposedly one can downgrade to 1.xx easily. Here are instructions I found some time ago should I need them: While still in your computer.. do all the settings the way you want them using the PC app that is included in the downloaded package.
0. Access to BlackVue homepage(www.blackvue.com) and Check the newest firmware version in ¡°Download¡± Page.

1. Download newest firmware file. (completed) (Or the version you want <2.xx)

2. Insert the SD card you wish to use for the upgrade into the PC.

3. Format the SD card completely to delete all data from the card. (Please ensure you have backed up any footage needed.)

4. Copy the 'BlackVue' folder you have unzipped onto the SD card.

5. Insert SD card to BlackVue device and turn on the camera for upgrading firmware.
(Please do not turn off the power during the firmware upgrading and you will have message when upgrading is completed.)

From what I understand any version less than 2 is the non cloud version and supposedly one can downgrade to 1.xx easily. Here are instructions I found some time ago should I need them: While still in your computer.. do all the settings the way you want them using the PC app that is included in the downloaded package.
0. Access to BlackVue homepage(www.blackvue.com) and Check the newest firmware version in ¡°Download¡± Page.

1. Download newest firmware file. (completed) (Or the version you want <2.xx)

2. Insert the SD card you wish to use for the upgrade into the PC.

3. Format the SD card completely to delete all data from the card. (Please ensure you have backed up any footage needed.)

4. Copy the 'BlackVue' folder you have unzipped onto the SD card.

5. Insert SD card to BlackVue device and turn on the camera for upgrading firmware.
(Please do not turn off the power during the firmware upgrading and you will have message when upgrading is completed.)
Yep thats what i did. I did try again and notice my zip file was in error. Might have found the answer. Cant test it till the weekend but.
Cheers Ralph2

Smooth

If you can find the way to PM me, I'll try and send you v1.007, if that's any help?

I'd add one step to what Ralph2 suggested. On the existing SDCard, before you do anything, go into the "Config" directory and take a copy of config.ini. This way you don't have to re-enter settings again.

Back