LK-7900 Ara New Member GPS & Time Issues

crippo2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Originally posted by me in the wrong forum (9700 - duh!)

Am new to Dash Cams - presumably pretty obvious from the question I am asking below!
I have just installed an Ara7900. On boot it tells me it has the latest firmware (xx37) and I am using the latest Lukas viewer program (1.8.6.0).
Initial recordings show GPS as connected (& presumably working).
Reading other posts of settings in the Lukas Viewer shows a GPS config screen in settings. I do not have this, only OBD.
The only place I can set time is on the OBD screen, but it does not seem to make any difference.
My recording times times are 6 hours ahead. My recorded speeds well exceed 15kmph, my position is in the river Stour - about 30 miles west!

So is their anything I can do to resolve this or is it just a camera learning process?
Thanks in advance

Check with member Calgary Dash Camera Robert.

I see you already figured that out...he is much wiser than I....I don't have the OBD so I can't advise but I'd venture to say that he can!

Check with member Calgary Dash Camera Robert.
I did work it out - hopefully I will get a useful/meaningful response.
It beats me how the GPS positioning can be so wrong when the unit has (or believes it has) satellites
I am sure the guru will enlighten me

I did work it out - hopefully I will get a useful/meaningful response.
It beats me how the GPS positioning can be so wrong when the unit has (or believes it has) satellites
I am sure the guru will enlighten me
Finally sorted
Lukas advised me that I was using the wrong Viewer for the 7900 ARA.
I was using version 1.8.6
Should have been using V1.8.5
Downloaded from their supplied link, installed & all is now OK
Hope this info helps someone
Crippo2

Back